Infinix Note 12 showing this message while trying to update

Reaction score
I am trying to check for any updates for my Infinix Note 12 Pro 5G but whenever I try to check for updates. I am getting this following error screen. Anyone have any idea why am I getting this error?
1kLiouO.jpg

1. Try clearing the 'app data' of the 'google play services' app.
2. Restart the phone.
3. Try to perform the update again.

🤞

Thanks for the help I was able to check for update but the following issue is happening
rEJBchU.jpg

It shows installing update

i7ZxOVV.jpg

Then suddenly it gets paused saying it will update when phone isnt used

gNwkgUB.jpg

Gets paused again

1Nrzqke.jpg

Again shows problem updating this device.

Should I factory reset my phone to make it work has someone hacked it?

Woah that looks strange.

Yeah you can do a factory reset if you feel that it would not be too much of a hassle to reinstall all the apps again & do all the settings again from scratch.

That said, I am not so sure that it is hacked.

Let us try the following may be?

1) Do the play services 'clear data' step again & restart the phone. (Make sure to turn off mobile data & Wi-Fi before restarting).

2) After the phone restarts, plug the charger in so that it starts charging.

3) Turn the Wi-Fi on when the battery is greater than at least 90%. Do not unplug the charger. Let it continue to charge.

4) Try updating again.

If this does not work, we'll try something else (may be in safe mode?).

Also,

1) The message says that the new update may crash rooted devices.

Hopefully your device is not rooted?

2) You might be already doing this, but try not to have any other apps open when the update is happening (recent apps --> close all apps).

You could also try putting the phone in battery saver (or power saver) mode. This will close all unnecessary apps possibly running in the background.

Also I see a bunch of notifications in your screenshots. Try clearing all those notifications & 'force stop' those apps before trying again.

Last edited:
Woah that looks strange.

Yeah you can do a factory reset if you feel that it would not be too much of a hassle to reinstall all the apps again & do all the settings again from scratch.

That said, I am not so sure that it is hacked.

Let us try the following may be?

1) Do the play services 'clear data' step again & restart the phone. (Make sure to turn off mobile data & Wi-Fi before restarting).

2) After the phone restarts, plug the charger in so that it starts charging.

3) Turn the Wi-Fi on when the battery is greater than at least 90%. Do not unplug the charger. Let it continue to charge.

4) Try updating again.

If this does not work, we'll try something else (may be in safe mode?).
Tried it by restarting and putting in Airplane mode with Wifi on receiving only the first 2 screens not going to the third screen. Problem updating the device is not showing it just keels looping.

Same in safe mode

Also,

1) The message says that the new update may crash rooted devices.

Hopefully your device is not rooted?
How to check if it is rooted?

Also, if you have a good broadband connection, try to do the update only using Wi-Fi. Meaning, do not turn on the mobile data (even though it appears to be 5G). Because sometimes the device might automatically switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data, which could disrupt the update.

Well, the phone will most definitely not be rooted if it is a firsthand device & if you did not root it yourself by connecting it to a computer. So you don't have to worry about that warning if neither of these 2 things apply to your device. I guess it is a common warning for all users of your device model who are installing this particular update.

Well, the phone will most definitely not be rooted if it is a firsthand device & if you did not root it yourself by connecting it to a computer. So you don't have to worry about that warning if neither of these 2 things apply to your device. I guess it is a common warning for all users of your device model who are installing this particular update.
I havent manually rooted it

I dont think it will be because of any apps too as its not working in safe mode either

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock