Discussion Pixel 4a WiFi crashing after updating to Android 12

Kartik07

Contributor
Reaction score
My dad has pixel4a and he got the update day before yesterday. He asked me if he can download the update. I said to wait for a
day or two more. He agreed. This afternoon he updated his phone and since after the update he said his wifi is not working only mobile data is working.If he switches on the wifi it doesn't do anything and crashes.
So I had to see it myself. indeed wifi doesn't work. Ita a 15day old new phone. So I reset everything and flashed the entire android 12 factory image but still wifi isn't working. I then downgraded back to android 11 last stable build but to no avail. Can anyone shed some light on it. Wifi doesn't show any network available. I tried scanning it but it crashes. Tried to connect with neighbors wifi it doesn't even recognize. Saw a reddit post that said android 12 Ota /factory image has some serious bugs that has effected some devices.

I think issue on recent version 4a or later version
I just got hold of another pixel4a unused one which a relative of mine got for herself as a backup.Updated that phone. All went well it's been 15 hrs now. To my surprise this phone is manufactured in June whereas the one my dad uses is manufactured in September.

I just got hold of another pixel4a unused one which a relative of mine got for herself as a backup.Updated that phone. All went well it's been 15 hrs now. To my surprise this phone is manufactured in June whereas the one my dad uses is manufactured in September.
Follow up to this i have contacted google and have sent the phone for repair/replacement.. Google(service centre) has acknowledged that it's a manufacturing defect.They are sending a replacement.

Follow up to this i have contacted google and have sent the phone for repair/replacement.. Google(service centre) has acknowledged that it's a manufacturing defect.They are sending a replacement.
So got my dad's phone back from repair.. But the repair guys haven't mentioned what they have repaired. They have flashed android 11 March update. Now it's prompting me to upgrade to 12.My dad says only after updating to 12 the wifi stopped working. Will wait for next update which will be available tomorrow. Till then I will be using this one.
Left is my relatives and the right one my dad's.
t7IDrgp.jpg

Last edited:
Last update

The repaired phone shows a different imei than before.I have asked the google service guys the reason behind the problems faced by this unit. They just said the issue is solved.
Everything is working fine till now. Have same phone box too.
But on further noticing I have got a completely different/new device in the old box.
New phone with new imei/sn and an old box.
Fingers crossed with this one.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock