Discussion In depth review of Micromax in note 2

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
In depth review of Micromax In Note 2.

I purchased the phone on the first day of sale, 30th Jan, 2022 and got the phone on very next day. Till then almost a week, used the phone in my day-to-day life as daily driver. So, I am trying to write down in depth review of In Note 2.

for unboxing click -https://onlytech.com/community/threads/purchased-micromax-in-note-2.50028/

I am going to divide this review into following sections:

• Design: feel solid and being the compact in screen size, can use the phone in one hand. Phone doesn’t feel heavy on hand. Front glass panel having Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection layer and back glass has 9H scratch protection, which can easily protect from item like Key, Coin. Although Micromax quite generous enough to give us complimentary back cover as well as Front Tempered glass. So on design aspect I would like to give 4/5 as the back panel is so fingerprint magnet that it looks dirty in hand.

• Display: Micromax here giving AMOLED screen(FHD+) in this price segment but here the catch line is AMOLED screen is very cheap quality is used here, just look like IPS LCD panel. Black is not just black, looks brownish, only notification panel is purely Black. Screen boosting color always and the screen looks warmth (not cool) as yellowish tone are there in display.

• Speaker Quality: when the competitor is giving Dual speaker in this price range Micromax gave just single speaker and that Sound clarity and loudness is not that great but to me it’s not an issue. I am using my Realme wireless 2 headphone with this whenever I consume media, but I can assure speaker is not that bad so that you can complain. It will done the job.

• Software: android 11 and Nov 2021 security patch out of box when android 12 and January 2022 security patch become nomral. Here u have to remember that Micromax is very bad to push OTA update, so be prepare for the worse, here I made up my mind that Micromax will not give any single update, If they give, it will be my Fortune only. Migration from MIUI to stock android was never easy as missing some of important feature in stock android, like Call Recording, Real time data speed monitoring, proper Gallery, calendar, File Browser app. Google dialler doesn’t show call history date only which day of the week and time Is mentioned, this is the biggest draw-back currently I am facing in stock android. and another point to mention here phone having Widevine L1 certification still amazon Prime video is not support HD playback.

• Ram Management: phone is available only in 4GB version and Ram management is top notch. App opening time is very fast thanks to Helio G95 processor. Here Micromax able to keep small apps in ram so that the app can reopen faster by giving less resource hungry Stock android out of Box.

• Battery: 5000 mAh Li-po battery and 33W charger available with this phone. Though the manual says it only support 30W charging. I have seen charging 80% completes in one hour and 50% in 25 minutes. Though the processor is on 12nm architecture you can expect at-least 9.5hrs of screen ON time from 100% to 5%. So 5000mah battery can almost run 1.5days normal use (Without any gaming). I’d like to give 4.5/5 as the battery is new, it will perform well there is no rocket science, want to see how battery perform in longer run.
sypqxRu.jpg

HVo7Ngg.jpg

• Call Quality: Didn’t faced any call drop till now, properly audible from both side, Dual VoLTE Dual VoWiFi supported. Career aggregation is also there, personally tested with Airtel Sim.
kCoUcDJ.jpg

• Games: don’t play game so can’ t comment. But here I’d like to mention there is Liquid cooling option which will help game play time I think.

• Camera: This is the weakest part of this phone. Phone having 48mp main sooter and 5mp wide angel lens which actually works, 2MP Macro Lens having focus issue, can’t focus at all on object and 2MP depth sensor is good for nothing, Edge detection is purely mismatch during portrait mode. Color is in warm tone and object color becoming dull post processing of Image. 16mp selfie camera also not working well, creating photos extra sharp which not acceptable at all. Camera can shoot 1080p 60fps and 30fps and 4K at 30fps. EIS option works till 1080p and slo mo, time lapse works as hit and miss. Not fully satisfactory.
for camera sample click: The Photography Thread (#1470,#1471)

Verdict : The phone performs really well in this budget range, sometime in camera department its disappoint us but all of these can be sorted with OTA updates but that also in the hands of Micromax whether they want to solve all of the issues or not. But u can consider to use this as your back up phone or can gift it to your parent happily.

If you have any query ,feel free to post in comment section I’ll try to answer of those.

This phone can support at the most 40C. Netmonster is unreliable app. Share the RX-Monitor app screenshot. Only phones under 20000 to support carrier aggregation are Moto G40 Fusion, Moto G60, Moto G51, Moto G71, Realme Narzo 30 Pro 5G, Realme Narzo 30 5G. All Moto support 3CA. Realme support 2CA. Moto G51 and Moto G71 support 4*4MIMO as well on band 3/40/41.

within 20 days , phone's tempered glass(given complimentary) cracked as I kept phone and my bike key in same pocket, and during working at office, somehow it got cracked. pathetic

This phone can support at the most 40C. Netmonster is unreliable app. Share the RX-Monitor app screenshot. Only phones under 20000 to support carrier aggregation are Moto G40 Fusion, Moto G60, Moto G51, Moto G71, Realme Narzo 30 Pro 5G, Realme Narzo 30 5G. All Moto support 3CA. Realme support 2CA. Moto G51 and Moto G71 support 4*4MIMO as well on band 3/40/41.
1kz0OUV.jpg

Long term review :
My phone completed 2 years successfully. 2years back, investing 11000 on micromax phone was little Tricky but somehow It managed to performed. The performance I d say not top notch, it having some major flaws but its still Running and using in 2024 too.

Flaws are

1. Fast charging stopped working within 7-8 Month. Tried different adopter, cable but none of them worked. So settled with slow charging process.

2. Finger print sensor also stopped working. So also compromised with that and settled with face lock and pattern lock option.

3. No major android update given. Considering the brand Name, 'Micromax', I was ready to accept the fact but they given only two times security update. Phone is still with Nov 2022 security update.

4. Mediatek helio G22 processor hangs Quite a lot. Specially Web Browsers.

but the worst part is my colleagues makes fun of me using this brand till now. Actually they were unaware abot the existing of Micromax brand till now and they are still ready to not beleive that This phone is still Running.

now some good aspects in my long term usage
1. Battery backup is still good.
2. Ad free , Bloat free OS I liked a lot and In future will always use stock OS.
3. Pixel Camera works well.

but the worst part is my colleagues makes fun of me using this brand till now. Actually they were unaware abot the existing of Micromax brand till now and they are still ready to not beleive that This phone is still Running.
You should NEVER ever care about others' opinions about you and your selection.

---

Wherever I go, I get this question, "Sir, you are using motorola phone?".

I will be like, "Yes, it is a very good phone"

"Sir, I can't imagine you are using some 30k phone from motorola" (They assume the price themselves higher, since I am the one using it)

"No no. It is just 15k". On hearing this, their facial expression will change and will have more questions in their mind, than before.

See, "What 'OTHERS' think about Us" is THEIR problem, not our's, imho. They have to deal with it. We already have so many problems to solve ourselves and need NOT waste our time in solving "Their perspective problem". This will take away unnecessary stress in your life.

Always remember, "BUY THE TOOL, FOR THE JOB. NOT THE STATUS SYMBOL FOR YOUR EGO".

now some good aspects in my long term usage
1. Battery backup is still good.
2. Ad free , Bloat free OS I liked a lot and In future will always use stock OS.
3. Pixel Camera works well.
I can't stress enough, regarding the advantage of the Ad free UI. Paying for the phone and yet still shoving ads down our throat is like phone makers treating customers as sh!t, imho. Google being one of world's biggest Ad co, still never shows ads in their Pixel phones. Although Apple has been known to be taking their customers for granted, never show ads in their phones and I really appreciate them for that. OK, both are super rich Trillion$ companies. But still there are small companies like Motorola, Lava, OnePlus, nowadays Samsung are doing the same.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock