Discussion General Discussions about Indian Wireless Telecom Services

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 1,094
  • Views: Views 170,086
Even I forgot about this. @Ashok Varma bro highlighted this on some thread last month.

I think IUC charges will definitely go away. Hence, the rumoured price hike didn't happen.
The last price hike was announced in December.. right?

Will IUC will Removed on 1st January or Another Extension
Most probably it won't be removed, coz initially Jio was putting it's weight behind getting IUC removed coz it was losing out money by offering free outgoing calls. Now that they are charging 6p/min for off net calls and getting the same amount for incoming calls now they have become a net gainer of IUC so they don't mind the charge being continued.

Most probably it won't be removed, coz initially Jio was putting it's weight behind getting IUC removed coz it was losing out money by offering free outgoing calls. Now that they are charging 6p/min for off net calls and getting the same amount for incoming calls now they have become a net gainer of IUC so they don't mind the charge being continued.
But will TRAI allow it to be continued?

But as per TRAI decision. IUC will become Zero from 1 January 2021. Earlier It was decided to make it Zero from January 2020 but bcz of AVOID demands Trai extended it til dec 2020 .
So It was not jio but AVOID which wants to keep IUC forever. Trai already have delayed this for too long. So why will Trai extend it again n again. it must be removed now.

Jio should comit to unlimited calls to any network aftet zero iuc regime starts from 1st Jan 2021.

So It was not jio but AVOID which wants to keep IUC forever. Trai already have delayed this for too long. So why will Trai extend it again n again. it must be removed now.
Avoid 'wanted' to keep it and Jio 'was against' it in the scenario where it was offering truly unlimited calling. Now all operators unanimously are in favour of keeping iuc since they are all benefiting from it. If TRAI wants it can surely remove it, but even if they keep it, COAI or any individual operator including Jio will not oppose it, that's what I'm saying.

Avoid 'wanted' to keep it and Jio 'was against' it in the scenario where it was offering truly unlimited calling. Now all operators unanimously are in favour of keeping iuc since they are all benefiting from it. If TRAI wants it can surely remove it, but even if they keep it, COAI or any individual operator including Jio will not oppose it, that's what I'm saying.
How could we know it got abolished? Will trai announce it officially on 1st January 2021? Or through operator?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock