Discussion General Discussions about Indian Wireless Telecom Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,144
  • Views Views: Views 177,480
Telecom relief package: With easing of spectrum caps, is worst over for Telcos?

After the change in rules, telecom companies can now own 35% of spectrum sold by the government, up from the 25% limit earlier.

Further, the intra-circle band has been totally removed and, instead, the 50% cap will now apply to the combined spectrum holdings in the sub-1 GHz band — that is 700, 800 and 900 MHz bands. The change in rules allows for the Idea-Vodafone combine to retain the spectrum, which it would have had to otherwise surrender in case it exceeded the limit in certain circles. Further, this also potentially allows Reliance Jio to buy the rest of the spectrum owned by his brother Anil Ambani’s Reliance Communications Ltd (RCom), especially in the coveted 800MHz band.

If Reliance Jio were to buy all of RCom’s spectrum in the 800MHz band under the previous spectrum-holding norms, it would have breached caps in 11 telecom circles.

Govt approves relief package for debt-ridden telecom sector

Last edited:
Any one from J&K here ?

Can we buy sim there using outstation Aadhaar ?

I mean as other states prepaid does not work there so can we use other states Aadhaar to buy prepaid sim in j&k ?

Guys i got 2 GB 4g/3g data for 28 days for free in airtel by just giving Miss call on 52122

2Dq8A.png

@Rushil bro, seems you are newly on 4G SIM hence got the offer. I tried but it sent sms saying:

Sorry you are not eligible for this offer. You are already on 4G SIM. Pls dial *121*1# to check best offers

:(

But your messanger app UI is totally same as PhonePe app.:em:

bro its not new sim its almost 8-9 years old airtel sim yes but only 3-4 month back i converted it into 4g when i brought mi a1 :wink:but this is not the first time i have got such offer earlier too i have go such but i have heard airtel is giving such offer where they have just enabled volte.. :huh:

about messenger app it is stock i think :lol:

Effective 27th Mar'18, cash withdrawal from your Airtel Payments Bank Savings A/c is FREE! (free upto Rs 25,000/month. 0.65% charge above this limit). T&C Apply

Back
Top Bottom