Discussion General Discussions about Indian Wireless Telecom Services

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,144
  • Views Views: Views 177,480
Airtel despite of load, is the king of Chennai. I wish in 2026, Airtel buys 10Mhz band 3 spectrum of Aircel somehow and makes most out of it. Airtel have to focus on 4G also.
Where do u find these sh#t? Ground reality is totally opposite. Despite of having most spectrum Airtel has lower avg speed than Vi itself in Chennai and ur spreading some sh#t as usual without knowing ground reality

Where do u find these sh#t? Ground reality is totally opposite. Despite of having most spectrum Airtel has lower avg speed than Vi itself in Chennai and ur spreading some sh#t as usual without knowing ground reality
I wanted to say whole Tamil Nadu. I tested it in Tambaram and Basant Nagar. Airtel just works. I am talking about 4G(Band 8 and band 3, 35-50Mbps observed). I am least interested in 5G at this point of time. Vi hardly has customers in Chennai. That's why speeds are good. All have shifted to Airtel.

I wanted to say whole Tamil Nadu. I tested it in Tambaram and Basant Nagar. Airtel just works. I am talking about 4G(Band 8 and band 3, 35-50Mbps observed). I am least interested in 5G at this point of time. Vi hardly has customers in Chennai. That's why speeds are good. All have shifted to Airtel.
B8? U never visited Chennai then

B8? U never visited Chennai then
What made you say that? Voice quality is better than Mumbai Airtel. And Band 5 Pune Airtel. You cannot expect anything like Hyderabad and Punjab. Go and check Hyderabad, it's still pathetic with double the spectrum. With scarce spectrum, it's good in Chennai.

Airtel is mixture of things right now in Chennai due to huawei ban. Their network is almost half Huawei and half ericsson now, due to which experience is not consistent. They abondend their B40 and focusing more only on FDD. Only Jio 4G is stable and optimised properly in Chennai with fiber backhaul to almost all sites. Only thing I hate in Jio is poor routing, pings are higher than airtel.

Even if that happens only Jio or Vi will buy extra B3. Bro thinks Airtel will make it 30MHz 💀
Yes, Jio and Vi has high chance of buying it and making 20Mhz B3. Vi has less chance of investing in TDD as that needs work from scratch to deploy new basbands and antennas, instead they will try to get more B3 and leverage existing B3 hardwares.

Back
Top Bottom