Discussion General Discussions about Indian Broadband Services

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 164
  • Views: Views 42,281
Renewed my Railwire Broadband 10 Mbps 60 GB Plan today.. :)

Guys, has anyone studied ADSL/ADSL2+ technology in college?
I am on an 8Mbps plan. (Line rate is capped at 9407 Kbps in both settings below).
One interesting thing I noticed is that, when I use ADSL2+, in the speed test the max speed I get is 7Mbps(+-0.1Mbps).
If I turn off ADSL2+ & connect with ADSL2, the max speed I get in speed test jumps to 8Mbps(+-0.2Mbps).
What might be the reason behind this? Is the ISP doing so on purpose or it works that way only?

Prathamesh said:
Guys, has anyone studied ADSL/ADSL2+ technology in college?
I am on an 8Mbps plan. (Line rate is capped at 9407 Kbps in both settings below).
One interesting thing I noticed is that, when I use ADSL2+, in the speed test the max speed I get is 7Mbps(+-0.1Mbps).
If I turn off ADSL2+ & connect with ADSL2, the max speed I get in speed test jumps to 8Mbps(+-0.2Mbps).
What might be the reason behind this? Is the ISP doing so on purpose or it works that way only?

Some info as per Google:

ADSL and ADSL2+ are different ways of delivering broadband to your home using a copper phone line. The key difference between these two services is speed.

Belong uses Telstra’s network, if you have an ADSL2+ service provides maximum download speeds of up to 20Mbps, and maximum upload speeds of up to 850 Kbps. If you are unable to get ADSL2+ you will be offered an ADSL service where available. An ADSL service provides maximum download speeds of up to 8Mbps, and maximum upload speeds of up to 384 Kbps.

Actual speeds will be lower, and will vary based on a number of factors including distance to the exchange, internet traffic in your neighbourhood, how you use your service, the quality of your telephone line, and the manner in which you are connecting to your Belong modem.

The below graph provides theoretical maximum download speeds based on distance from the exchange. Given the distance from the exchange is the same for all ADSL/2+ providers, the impact to speed should be similar.

What is the difference between ADSL2+ and ADSL?

Hathway Broadband ropes in R Madhavan as brand ambassador

Hathway broadband, India's leading player in fixed line broadband internet service announced the appointment of actor Madhavan (popularly known as Maddy) as the national brand ambassador, adding star power to drive the internet and broadband business.

Hathway broadband, India’s leading player in fixed-line broadband internet service announced the appointment of actor Madhavan (popularly known as Maddy) as the national brand ambassador, adding star power to drive the internet and broadband business.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/mam/marketing/mam/hathway-ropes-in-r-madhavan-as-brand-ambassador-170516

My airtel bb modem is not working properly :sad & just now register the request for v fiber,

Hope installation happen in this week:happy

ZC4bcJF.jpg

Airtel Broadband have also increased the post fup speed from 512Kbps to 1Mbps.
I got to know this when i received my first bill.

MTNL increased the pre-FUP speeds:
Valid till 30 September 2017..
http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband/triband/unlimited-plans

I am on 8Mbps plan and suddenly I am getting 10Mbps+ speed. Looks like by mistake they increased my link speed or it is temporary.

Btw they have designed very bad plans, no one will take 1200 plan, they will remain on 1000 even if they were ready to pay 1200. The benefit increase is very low. Very bad plan structure for Rs.1200 plans

Last edited:
My airtel bb modem is not working properly :sad & just now register the request for v fiber,

Hope installation happen in this week:happy

Just now,technician fixed my issue :happy & he told v fiber currently not available in your area:sad

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock