Discussion Fiber internet setup and details

• Thread starter A^00P
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 1,350

A^00P

Reaction score
My friend had take up fiber internet services form some local vendor in Mumbai. In backup ground its hathway only.he tried with airtel / tata sky /idea/you/railtel but most of them refused providing services in his area.. so he had no option but to go for local vendor.

he took plan with is 15Mbps for 450/month unlimited.Is this goo plan???? i think he is begin conned although he uses internet for casual purpose only like net surfing or using various ott platform for viewing movies/shows.

services provide is till now good .not many disconnection apart from 1 or 2 during pandemic

here are his internet speed result from various website

KGfXKQI.jpg

sIjZUOv.jpg

vBr1q7H.jpg

Ghn6muz.jpg

My query is why there is so much difference between result provided by fast and other website. plan is 15Mbps so are result accurate.Is 450/month is good plan for 15Mbps speed and that to fiber net????

second thigh about setup at his home

they have provided one white box in which fiber comes from outside.through white box fiber wire is sent into media converter and then media convert is connected to modem or router through Ethernet wire . I do not know whether its is modum+router or only one of them but its wireless.what it could be considering its using media converter ???

modem/router is d-link dir 600 m .media converter manufacture is not know .some unnamed from china

Is it good setup to have with fiber internet ????? or there should be mode/router which connect directly with fiber net wire

What is have seen in youtube is most arent using media converter.instead there router/modem is directly connected to fiber cable with white box

below is home setup
GX4gNNs.jpg

tvt6yR9.jpg

Last edited:
It hurts to see LCOs/ISPs still using 10/100 Mbps equipment like it’s year 1999. So you will never be able to get speeds above 95 Mbps ever till that junk is removed and replaced with 1000Mbps converter.
Connection stability will depend on
1. How many Fiber joints are in between your home and ISP’s Server.
2. Quality of equipments used
3. Quality of Server hardware (If it is a small LCO or an ISP)

To answer your question, the difference in speeds is due to poor routing to various servers across worlds.
If it is just a media converter, you can plug in your own router and see if that works.

It hurts to see LCOs/ISPs still using 10/100 Mbps equipment like it’s year 1999. So you will never be able to get speeds above 95 Mbps ever till that junk is removed and replaced with 1000Mbps converter.
Connection stability will depend on
1. How many Fiber joints are in between your home and ISP’s Server.
2. Quality of equipments used
3. Quality of Server hardware (If it is a small LCO or an ISP)

To answer your question, the difference in speeds is due to poor routing to various servers across worlds.
If it is just a media converter, you can plug in your own router and see if that works.

his plan is 15Mbps so will speed go beyond 15Mbps ????

i am asking in fibernet home setup whats use of media converter ???

if local vendor is using media converter then is modem required ????

or buy modem+router which are used in fibernet setup.are they are any special modem+router.what are they called

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock