Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

HBO and Showtime's content can be downloaded 5 times in a year. Right?
You can have any five videos downloaded at a time. And they will be allowed to downloaded once and expires after 7 days if not started, if started has to be completed within 2 days..

Now I am not getting PIP mode in D+H mobile app. Anybody have the issue?

Star India's strategy in Malayalam market is weird. Even having strong roots & top position in Malayalam through television they are not bringing deserved number of contents in Hotstar. Its been 2 years Hotstar has released a Malayalam movie (other than few dubbed ones). On the other hand Asianet has acquired rights of 90% Malayalam movies from 2020 end to 2021 mid. But not a single movie in came in Hotstar after 2019. They should balance it. Also no Hollywood dubbed movies, multiplex release and originals. Star should show some justice to the genre where they are the leader.

Star India's strategy in Malayalam market is weird. Even having strong roots & top position in Malayalam through television they are not bringing deserved number of contents in Hotstar. Its been 2 years Hotstar has released a Malayalam movie (other than few dubbed ones). On the other hand Asianet has acquired rights of 90% Malayalam movies from 2020 end to 2021 mid. But not a single movie in came in Hotstar after 2019. They should balance it. Also no Hollywood dubbed movies, multiplex release and originals. Star should show some justice to the genre where they are the leader.
See buddy.. Television and Streaming are two different businesses.. It's not just with Malayalam but with Telugu, Kannada and Tamil as well... It's not always necessary that Hotstar to acquire rights because Star is acquiring them for broadcasting.. It's as simple as that. Also, Hotstar offers Indian content freely unlike other platforms which is also a thing they will concentrate on to get ROI.. Even if u take Hindi market as well Hotstar doesn't necessarily own most of the movies Star own for broadcasting... Regarding Multiplex movies, they are slowing entering each market.. Now their priority is to get Telugu films and Shows out once it's out of the way they will go to the other markets as well. BTW, if u don't already know they do acquire big malayali films more so than they do with Telugu films for example the upcoming juggernaut Marakkar is acquired by them only... The streaming business more crowded than the television business now, so they don't necessarily have the budgets to acquire everything...

See buddy.. Television and Streaming are two different businesses.. It's not just with Malayalam but with Telugu, Kannada and Tamil as well... It's not always necessary that Hotstar to acquire rights because Star is acquiring them for broadcasting.. It's as simple as that. Also, Hotstar offers Indian content freely unlike other platforms which is also a thing they will concentrate on to get ROI.. Even if u take Hindi market as well Hotstar doesn't necessarily own most of the movies Star own for broadcasting... Regarding Multiplex movies, they are slowing entering each market.. Now their priority is to get Telugu films and Shows out once it's out of the way they will go to the other markets as well. BTW, if u don't already know they do acquire big malayali films more so than they do with Telugu films for example the upcoming juggernaut Marakkar is acquired by them only... The streaming business more crowded than the television business now, so they don't necessarily have the budgets to acquire everything...
Marakkar movie is with prime video AFAIK.

I understood. But I said they should keep a balance in the market. Star is sweeping the broadcasting rights of Malayalam movies. If 20 movies has released recently, about 15 movie's rights bought by Asianet. The other 4-5 GECs has left with few movies. Same time 0 movies in Hotstar last 2 years. Atleast Hotstar can take 2-3 movies per year and reduce acquiring broadcasting rights.

Marakkar movie is with prime video AFAIK.
Nope... All language broadcasting and streaming rights WITH Star India only.. Just before the pandemic they had announced officially I think..
I understood. But I said they should keep a balance in the market. Star is sweeping the broadcasting rights of Malayalam movies. If 20 movies has released recently, about 15 movie's rights bought by Asianet. The other 4-5 GECs has left with few movies. Same time 0 movies in Hotstar last 2 years. Atleast Hotstar can take 2-3 movies per year and reduce acquiring broadcasting rights.
I understand your point.. But the thing is they both mutually exclusive not inclusive... Both the businesses have their own balance sheets and all..

How do I get rid of the snake? I am afraid to even touch it. Anyways to manipulate the algorithm and get rid of it? It's weirding me out.
19xDOwq.jpg

How do I get rid of the snake? I am afraid to even touch it. Anyways to manipulate the algorithm and get rid of it? It's weirding me out.
19xDOwq.jpg
Be patient for some days. When they add 2 or more new shows it will disappear from your sight😊

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock