Discussion Disney+ Hotstar App & Website - News & Updates

Buddy,be it 20th Century or Disney or some other company, the streamer has to pay for rights.. Let's put this simply, you own a bakery and a grocery store.. It's not like bakery will get everything free from grocery store right, you have pay for the groceries you are buying for bakery.. It's same with this..

Why do you think Streaming platforms like HBO Max and Peacock shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars on the shows they own?. If you don't know both The Office and Friends had cost North of $500 million for their 5 renewals on their own platforms..
But if you own bakery, grocery and the farm too? Means you are producing everything you need. Isn't it how these major film companies are?

4iQoTDf.jpg

Can I keep the code with me and redeem it at a later date as I don't want the subscription now? I want to redeem it now as vouchers runs out of stock on Flipkart. On youtube I am watching videos where youtubers are saying it's necessary to redeem within 15 days. Meanwhile on the voucher you can see expiry date written as 17th May 2022. Can anyone confirm?

4iQoTDf.jpg

Can I keep the code with me and redeem it at a later date as I don't want the subscription now? I want to redeem it now as vouchers runs out of stock on Flipkart. On youtube I am watching videos where youtubers are saying it's necessary to redeem within 15 days. Meanwhile on the voucher you can see expiry date written as 17th May 2022. Can anyone confirm?
It shows all different times on Flipkart.. However, read the specified conditions on that voucher because Flipkart's vouchers change everytime.. When I redeemed mine it was shown for a month, but in the T&C it was mentioned clearly that its valid for 15 days.. So if it's expired they wouldn't be getting into any problems.

Also, note that like other things they are selling, these vouchers are also provided by third party companies..

Can I keep the code with me and redeem it at a later date as I don't want the subscription now? I want to redeem it now as vouchers runs out of stock on Flipkart. Meanwhile on the voucher you can see expiry date written as 17th May 2022. Can anyone confirm?
Looks like you need to redeem it before 17th May, 2022.

On youtube I am watching videos where youtubers are saying it's necessary to redeem within 15 days.
Yeah.. earlier that used to be the case. It used to be mentioned on T&C as well. But now nothing such is mentioned in the T&C.

Isn't bandwidth consumption still kinda excessive? 307 mb for 22 minutes in 720p. Why don't they invest in compression technology?

Last edited:
Isn't bandwidth consumption still kinda excessive? 307 mb for 22 minutes in 720p. Why don't they invest in compression technology?
Buddy... Some of the older shows might have that... Newer shows are way better. FYI. That's for a 40 min EPISODE.

eoXchN2.jpg

This is for a 22 min episodes of most recent shows will be around 200mb mark only for 720p
23CYeom.jpg

Last edited:
Confirm me something. About offline downloads. I recall content from some studios having download limits. What's the limit? Which studios are these?

How many times can I download movies and series of 20th Century Fox?

Confirm me something. About offline downloads. I recall content from some studios having download limits. What's the limit? Which studios are these?

How many times can I download movies and series of 20th Century Fox?
Everything apart from HBO, ShowTime can be downloaded as per your wish.. ABC Studios's content cannot be downloaded (apart from those offered as part of Disney+ like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Once Upon a Time).

Everything apart from HBO, ShowTime can be downloaded as per your wish.. ABC Studios's content cannot be downloaded (apart from those offered as part of Disney+ like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Once Upon a Time).
HBO and Showtime's content can be downloaded 5 times in a year. Right?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock