Good News Booked a new JioFiber connection (Now Installed) + Review after 1st use.

alienwrz

Reaction score
booked my connection today... Chennai. The agent said it will be installed after 12PM, planning to use it as backup for my Hathway 1TB plan which offers me 1month free on quarterly payment....

Update: got my connection installed.
details below
Booked yesterday 18/12/2019
agent came today morning for documentation and informed me the installation will be done by 11.30AM.
the team arrived at 11.30AM for installation and completed it by 1PM. since i was not home, i couldnt post STB pic now. but the details of the payment are below

The payment to be made only after finishing installation

qxz52MX.jpg

after activation:

1eDanAN.jpg

My plan page:
WrCq9ov.jpg

services included in the plan:

DAnH5hg.jpg

xNe0lKL.jpg

will disney plus be available on JIO not hotstar?????

R8yXX5i.jpg

seems all password reset are integrated with myjio app...

ixDKTn5.jpg

XlhD4gN.jpg

EDIT: review

The ONU seems good on paper... Dualband (2.4/5GHZ) has 4gig ethernet.

BtXXHfm.jpg

b4Jyavx.jpg

The STB

i received STB with tuner but no optical spdif port (YT reviews are different model) the box i got runs on android 9.
duJPKuM.jpg

Runs on android 9:

1AFLgID.jpg

Hostar stream quality
YqJg1yq.jpg

nj31uMt.jpg

Only VIP is part of subscription not premium

uva2jQB.jpg

Sony LIV has premium content

YrUU1qX.jpg

LiEGPPP.jpg

Once you reach LIVE tv the box does buffer <1min into stream and then streams for 5-10min then buffers again... My thought is the HLS is very bad for larger screens as they(hotstar/Live channels) dont stream with high bitrate the max i saw was only 2.4mbps which is terrible for 1080p... the initial with bad quality is auto by default and everytime you have to set to high to get decent stream. which is annoying AF.
trust me thats not my phones fault the actual streams looks POS.
dGIPkYx.jpg

the box has L1 security certificate so if they bring in Netlix and prime then we can expect full 4K/even atmos.
5YL6zbv.jpg

fXcrDmX.jpg

this was taken from non jio (hathway) connection via 5GHZ band.. i feel bad to post the Jio speed test where the upload speed is only 3.8mbps. i dont use speedtest.net but speedof.me to test speeds..
taoRj0k.jpg

i got the box with tuner in it... i guess it may be used as DVB-C box when LCOs signup with Jio.
N527jwR.jpg

The box does have atmos/DTS--HD so the box has great potential but right now it POS.....

4b8lIU8.jpg

Final word:

The box has great potential but locked to only jio is wasting its potential.... all stream testing was done with JIO fiber and via 5GHZ
people who say live needs Ethernet not wifi, for streams with only 2.4Mbps wifi is more than enough.... so overall i would say they just rushed in to launch and put off many users from continuing the paid plan.... until jio is fully capable of giving JIOtv/top OTT streaming apps, you are better off with chinese android box which does same thing but even better...

FAQ
1: Can we sideload/install apk?

A: NO
2. Can we watch Amazon prime /netflix via browser?
A: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

e0gjxzo.jpg

3. Can we watch OTT app without subscription?
A: NO

Last edited:
booked my connection today... Chennai. The agent said it will be installed after 12PM, planning to use it as backup for my Hathway 1TB plan which offers me 1month free on quarterly payment....
What package you have taken, Bronze or Silver?

Still 1000gb free data exist? Or only 200gb pm?
once you go for paid plan or getting new connection your plan will be what the commercial FUP.... mine is 200GB/m and have complementary 200gb voucher which can be used after using up the FUP.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock