Assou-Ekotto plans Spurs stay

Reaction score
Benoit Assou-Ekotto insists he has no plans to leaves Tottenham Hotspur despite being linked with a move.

Paris Saint-Germain have been credited with an interest in signing the defender during this summer's transfer window.

Big-spending PSG have major plans for next season with the club having a large transfer budget to work with following their takeover by a Qatari group.

Full-back Assou-Ekotto has been mentioned as a possible target for the French giants, but the Cameroon international says he is happy to stay at White Hart Lane.

"I don't want to move to another club," Assou-Ekotto said.

"If I have a good feeling with my chairman I will stay.

"I don't have a reason to move, even to play in the Champions League, we can do it with Spurs.

"We have done it once already, so why not again?"

Since joining the north London club from Lens in June 2006, Assou-Ekotto has made 106 Barclays Premier League appearances, scoring just once. He played 30 times in 2010/11 and was a key figure for Cameroon in the 2010 World Cup finals.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2386210,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock