Breaking OnePlus & Realme stops TV manufacturing & sales in India

Choco7905

Reaction score
Both the companies had appeared to be moving towards building a sizeable business in smart TVs but have suddenly called it quits in the category even when compatriot Xiaomi continues to stay strong and lead the category, industry sources said.

"OnePlus and Realme have decided to move out of the television category, even though they continue to operate in the smartphone business," the sources told TOI.

Local brands here are to stay.
Its sound patriotic but people(mostly) will extend their budget for sony lg samsung to buy than these cheap Chinese Indian assembled & Leveled brand as people invest for TV for atleast 8-10 years.where as Indian assembled mobile phone may stay here comparison to tv as people change their mobile phone within 3-4 years.

BPL & Onida ?
It's same as non branded TV. If I am getting a generic tv with same features for 8k. Why would I pay ₹10k just for the branding? The only edge tv have are Google Play supported OS. Even that OS starts lagging after few years. It's best to buy some random TV and a smart box. Even the tv shop owner might put some branded sticker over it.
Its sound patriotic but people(mostly) will extend their budget for sony lg samsung to buy than these cheap Chinese Indian assembled & Leveled brand as people invest for TV for atleast 8-10 years.where as Indian assembled mobile phone may stay here comparison to tv as people change their mobile phone within 3-4 years.
My MI TV is working since 2018 without a single issue. Everything is fine. OS has become bit slow. Otherwise everything is fine. I recall you having several issue with your Samsung TV. Meanwhile TV market itself is in decline. People are consuming their content in smaller screens.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock