Breaking Amazon unveils Prime Video Store in India

This is useless. Useful would be if we could rent and TV shows that aren't available. Take Glee and Monk as an example. Only useful thing about it now is ability to rent and watch movies available on Netflix for cheap in HD.
You do realize that Apple and Google also provide rentals right? There has to be some use for sure.

About TV shows for rent, no rental streamer offers TV shows for rent in US. They are offered for 'Buy' only. Don't know why this is the case though. In India, BookMyShow does offer some TV shows for rent.

You do realize that Apple and Google also provide rentals right? There has to be some use for sure.

About TV shows for rent, no rental streamer offers TV shows for rent in US. They are offered for 'Buy' only. Don't know why this is the case though. In India, BookMyShow does offer some TV shows for rent.
I hate this that included in their streaming app. They could have launched a whole seperate app to not confuse users.

Two wrongs doesn't make one right. It's an unrealistic move to rent out same content that you are streaming with subscription.
It's mostly useful if you want to enjoy the content early, without waiting for it to be added to some streaming service's subscription.
Renting old stuff that's already available is kind of pointless.
Meanwhile, "buying" it can be a different. You basically own the movie. (maybe this was where they got the idea about NFTs 😂)

My personal opinion...
The content which is not available for atleast 6 months of its launch in any OTT be
In the list of Rent..contents which r coming in a month in OTT is useless for mass..
Yes there maybe some people intrested on 1St day 1St show..

My personal opinion...
The content which is not available for atleast 6 months of its launch in any OTT be
In the list of Rent..contents which r coming in a month in OTT is useless for mass..
Yes there maybe some people intrested on 1St day 1St show..
Theoretically what you are saying is right but I am not sure that this is going to work out especially in India.People here are not going to pay Rs 499 just to watch Batman especially that it comes with caveat that once started the movie should be finished in 48 hrs.If Amazon does tries to prefer renting movies instead of making it available as part of prime then its subscription numbers are going to fall.This is going to only increase the number of people watching movies illegally.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock