Apple has released iOS 13.3 and iPad OS 13.3 that includes bug fixes, improvements, and security updates. This update is available for all iOS 13 and iPad OS 13 devices.
The update will be automatically installed if you have turned on automatic updates. If not, then go to Settings > General > Software Update to install the latest available update.
iOS 13.3 adds new parental controls to Screen Time that provides more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message. The contact list for children allows parents to manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices.
Apple news got a new layout for Apple News+ stories, adds “Breaking” and “Developing” label for Top Stories. It is now easier to like or dislike stories with a tap. Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French.
This update adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari. Improvements have been made to the Photos app, that enables creating a new video clip when trimming a video.
Here’s a list of fixes:
- Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
- Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
- Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
- Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
- Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
- Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
- Fixes an issue where Voice Memo recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not be clear
- Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may be incorrectly shown as off
- Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
Along with this update, Apple has also released iOS update 12.4.4 for older devices. iOS 12.4.4 update is available for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPod touch 6th generation. This update includes security updates to Facetime.