Music streaming service Spotify on Friday announced that its Indian users can now enjoy music and podcasts on Amazon Echo devices.
To play music by artist, album, track, genre, curated, personal playlists and podcasts from Spotify account, users can request Alexa in English, Hindi or Hinglish. This is available for both free and premium users.
How to set up Spotify on Amazon Alexa
- Open Alexa app linked to your Echo device on your phone
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu
- Tap on ‘Music’ option
- Select ‘Link New Service’
- Choose ‘Spotify’ from the list of services
- Enter your Spotify user name and password
- That’s it. Now if you want to make Spotify your default music service then select ‘Default Services’ button
After linking your Spotify account you can ask Alexa on Echo device to play music or podcasts by saying “Alexa, play Bollywood Dhamaka on Spotify”, “Alexa, play relaxing music on Spotify” and more.
In order to control the music playback from within the Spotify app, say “Alexa, Spotify connect”, after which your Echo device will be discoverable in the Spotify app and you can select it to control the music playback from your phone.
Spotify for Alexa is currently added only on Amazon Echo devices the company says that it will soon be available on other Alexa-enabled devices too including Fire TV models and mobile devices.