Widevine L1 Supported Phones

Why Widevine: Widevine is an industry standard to protect content as it's transferred over the internet and played back on devices. It uses a combination of CENC encryption, licensing key exchange, and streaming quality.
I wish there was an option to edit this post, because new phones will launch from time to time, but here we go with the 2020 edition:

2020MotorolaMotorola One Fusion
Motorola One Fusion+
NokiaNokia 8.3
OnePlusOnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus Nord
SamsungGalaxy Z Flip
Galaxy S20
Galaxy S20+
Galaxy S20 Ultra

These are the phones that I have personally have had a look at or of people I know.

If there are any other phones launched this year that have the Widevine L1 certification, please post the appropriate screenshot from the app as mentioned in post #1:
If you want your device to be featured in this list, download this app: DRM Info – Apps on Google Play and post a screenshot of the app on your phone to this thread.

Redmi Note 7 Pro also supports.

ZqYlZhP.png
Its supports Widevine L1. But still Amazon Prime won't allow HD playback.

Its supports Widevine L1. But still Amazon Prime won't allow HD playback.
Read:
PS: Having Widevine L1 alone doesnt guarantee that the app will stream HD video even in high internet, as Amazon and Netflix are known to use certain methods to stop devices from streaming HD video even knowing that the phone supports L1

Amazon prime is worst video streaming app. I've have very good 75Mbps broadband connection still they upscale downscale video on his own. 8-12 pm I can't play Ultra HD videos.
But YouTube 4k plays just fine no buffering.
I use Prime Video app for Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock