Discussion What's your views on overexposed content on OTT?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 1,824

Are you okay with n*d*ty and slangs on OTT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
How do you view vulgarity in the OTT? Is it necessary?

Do you watch such content with family?

till today after lockdown i watched 10 web series with family all of them contains either adulttry scene / abusive language but i just skip that scene but i think if storyline or content is powerfull then no need of any vulgarity in web series.

Last edited:
Well content creators need to b responsible but what about viewers own choices? How many support actual good content? All this vulgar, obscene stuff is mostly put in to make people tune into bcoz that is easiest way to get views. Also we should stop aping western type of storytelling with indian twist and create original concepts which encompass our way of of life.

The day people develop patience to enjoy test cricket appreciating each detail , then i think we will b ready to accept good stories which require more enhanced thinking, mental ability, emotional connect to fully absorb it

Tv was made to enjoy with family. but that's not true at all in todays world.
tv neither made for viewing with family.
you are watching serials or News with family, In between them, vulgar ad like sunny leone or any perfume ad may pop up. U are watching sports , U may see the ad in between Virat Kohli Drinking wine with her wife, which is against our culture.
so OTT not an exceptional. if you want to see with family, watch before alone so that u have idea where is vulgar seen, so that you can skip that part. or watch only those OTT platform which u sure don't have any vulgar exposed seen .
if you watch GOT uncensored with your family or Even Paatal Lok with your family then it's absolutely your fault.

so imo, if plot demand any exposed seen and if it having importance then it's absolutely fine to use it.

Tv was made to enjoy with family. but that's not true at all in todays world.
tv neither made for viewing with family.
you are watching serials or News with family, In between them, vulgar ad like sunny leone or any perfume ad may pop up. U are watching sports , U may see the ad in between Virat Kohli Drinking wine with her wife, which is against our culture.
so OTT not an exceptional. if you want to see with family, watch before alone so that u have idea where is vulgar seen, so that you can skip that part. or watch only those OTT platform which u sure don't have any vulgar exposed seen .
if you watch GOT uncensored with your family or Even Paatal Lok with your family then it's absolutely your fault.

so imo, if plot demand any exposed seen and if it having importance then it's absolutely fine to use it.
You lost me here.

U may see the ad in between Virat Kohli Drinking wine with her wife, which is against our culture.
so OTT not an exceptional.
IMO they are both especially Virat is protective of his family friendly branding. Can you provide link of the specific ad?

Good thing about ott is you know beforehand what ur getting into.
Unlike live tv censorship should be self imposed by app itself via profiles.
Like i can setup age factor on different profile and lock with pin. Now content on each profile would show acc to profile.

I feel n*d*ty/overexposure is ok as long as it looks like a part of story.Having s#x scenes just for getting few cheap eye balls is nonsense.I would rather watch p**n than watching an OTT content for n*d*ty or s#x scenese.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock