Discussion What's your views on overexposed content on OTT?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 1,827

Are you okay with n*d*ty and slangs on OTT?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OTT content is Video on Demand (VoD) which itself says it all. They serve content as per the viewer's demand. If the viewership of obscene vulger overexposed content goes down, the production houses themselves will stop producing it, it's a simple equation of supply and demand. Especially in India where there is an ISP level block on P*rn and linear tv has to adhere to heavy censorship on moral and cultural grounds, the ppl who wish to watch bold content are bound to turn to these OTT platforms and there is nothing wrong in it. The viewer is advised to exercise discretion while deciding on which content to watch in the bedroom and which to stream in the living room.

That's not alcohol. Alcohol is normally blurred out on tv. That's appy fizz.
I have never seen any blurred boozing scene. Only I noticed a statutory warning and that too in smallest word.
And that may be Aappy Fizz or Redbull , to common public it must be any form of alcoholic drink.

I have never seen any blurred boozing scene. Only I noticed a statutory warning and that too in smallest word.
And that may be Aappy Fizz or Redbull , to common public it must be any form of alcoholic drink.
It's blurred on series and movies. Can't say same about ads. Even if it's potrayed as alcohol it's no longer a taboo in our society. Remember even Sachin celebrated his world cup victory with champagne.

It's has always been normalised in high society. Meanwhile those desi slangs and n*d*ty haven't been normalised in our society. Hence it's just wrong at the moment putting it on mainstream content. Even if it's On Demand.

The problem here is the definition and scope of "vulgar" is changed with the generations. When Rishi Kapoor's Bobby was released I was just 18 and my parents did not allow me to watch this film. The reason is heroin is shown with shorts and bikinies which was considered vulgar by the standards followed those days.
Now all the s#x scenes with action are right in front of you in your drawing rooms which is not considered vulgar by the present generation.
If I say more I may be considered as a person from old school!

Created a poll. Guys pease vote and share your views.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock