Breaking Warner Bros. HBO content to be available on Jio Cinema soon

No. You should trust Gaurav.
Actually I trusted him and many other outlets. My perception has changed since last month. Because one has to be fool to not obviously see through things. I have noticed nowadays they are not breaking stories specially negative ones. It's mostly international news sites breaking stories. Just look at HBO leaving Hotstar. It was not ET. It was Vanity Fair.

Even couple of months during the IPL auctions. Fake hype of Sony getting TV rights were created from reliable sources. They weren't even second here. I bet to show next day why to show that Sony didn't get it.

Actually I trusted him and many other outlets. My perception has changed since last month. Because one has to be fool to not obviously see through things. I have noticed nowadays they are not breaking stories specially negative ones. It's mostly international news sites breaking stories. Just look at HBO leaving Hotstar. It was not ET. It was Vanity Fair.

Even couple of months during the IPL auctions. Fake hype of Sony getting TV rights were created from reliable sources. They weren't even second here. I bet to show next day why to show that Sony didn't get it.
Entertainment journalism is just paid PR. Disney Star being salty for last few months sent out a hit article stating nobody cares about HBO but that topic itself was buzzing for 48hrs on social media when they removed HBO library on March 31.

I am still amazed that ppl believe Hotstar Specials is attracting Premium users.

Entertainment journalism is just paid PR. Disney Star being salty for last few months sent out a hit article stating nobody cares about HBO but that topic itself was buzzing for 48hrs on social media when they removed HBO library on March 31.

I am still amazed that ppl believe Hotstar Specials is attracting Premium users.
They had 8 years to terminate the deal with HBO. Guess they cared a lot about the unique 5 lakh viewers.

Last edited:
They had 8 years to terminate the deal with HBO. Guess they cared a lot about the unique 5 lakh viewers.
It is all about value for money as long as HBO quoted a price which they could recover from the 5 lakh viewers and also make a slight profit they were happy.

However once HBO demanded a amount which they thought was too high which meant they would incur a loss they said tata byebye

It is all about value for money as long as HBO quoted a price which they could recover from the 5 lakh viewers and also make a slight profit they were happy.

However once HBO demanded a amount which they thought was too high which meant they would incur a loss they said tata byebye
True, now they can utilise the same amount and make more top class Hotstar Originals.

Bro, it's called Hotstar Specials, not Originals. And the 'special' reason behind that is that most of them are not actually "Originals".
Because they are special?
Nah most probably they will use it to buy Digital rights of BCCI for a large amount
With Viacom on race. That's some delusional thought. They already sacrificed ICC rights. They won't do same same with BCCI rights.

With Viacom on race. That's some delusional thought. They already sacrificed ICC rights. They won't do same same with BCCI rights.
One of two things will happen either Star will buy the BCCI rights at a loss or if Viacom is hellbent on the rights then Star will keep on bidding till such a time that once Viacom gets the rights it will be a big loss for Viacom.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock