Seeking Help Suggest: A good 5.1 Home Theatre having SPDIF/ Digital Audio Input

Guys, i need your help.

My connections:

TS HD STB <-> Sony HT IV300 via HDMI
TV <-> HT IV300 via HDMI

i have connected TS STB to HDMI port 1 of HT IV300. Sometimes when i power on the TV, the HT doesnt turn ON... Also when it turns on it goes to TV mode, and not HDMI 1. Everytime i have to manually select HDMI 1 on HT remote to watch TV, how to make HDMI1 default when HT powers on ??? @TirumalHD bro

Last edited:
If you have ARC HDMI port available in your TV , and it pass through DD DD+ through ARC port , it is always prefer to connect
TS HD STB HDMI <-> TV NON-ARC HDMI ( say HDMI 3 of tv) AND
HT IV300 via HDMI <-> TV ARC HDMI ( say HDMI 2 of tv), why because volume id will Gain controlled .

Else if you don`t have ARC HDMI port with DD DD+ pass through on your TV , then do connect
TS HD STB HDMI <-> HT IV300 via HDMI <-> TV ARC HDMI.

>>how to make HDMI1 default when HT powers on ???

Either your TV or HT supports HDMI Control function, Sync-compatible equipment using HDMI CEC
do enable it on Either/both TV or/and HT

@maheshav bro both settings in HT and TV are proper. I mean HDMI control in HT is ON, and even in TV its ON. But still HT boots in TV ARC more rather than HDMI 1. I will have to always change the source from remote.

The new TS HD STB has ARC connection issue. I will tag u in the other post

check Speaker Settin is set as Audio System instead of TV Speakers under AV Set up on your TV..

Sync HT with TV..
When you sync sound device then it's TV which controlles HT so when TV gets on HT moves to TV Mode through HDMi ARC..

Last edited:
Your content Source device connection to TV through non HDMi connection can't interfere with other connections of your TV. Its only restricted to provide audio Video to TV then TV will pass out AUDIO Stereo / DD ( as per received from source ) to HT as well as Controlled it through HDMi ARC when it's sync.

Then why cant i get audio from HT in HDMI ARC if i connect the new HD STB, there is no sync between TV and HT. Its works fine with Old HD STB, whats the solution

Connect it to TV through non ARC HDMi port to TV then connect TV HDMi ARC to HT HDMi ARC.. check AV Set up on TV under set up where Default Speaker set as Audio System Speaker.. Digital Audio Out set as Auto.. & Audio Out Set as Fixed..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock