Sad News Sony Liv to discontinue live channels

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 110
  • Views: Views 24,508
Good news for Jio fiber users. Sony channels now available directly on Jio TV+ similar to Viacom 18 channels doesn't redirect to Sony liv app to open the channel anymore
Some rumors is that in new jio stb (white) all channels will be open directly in jiotv+ without opening to their respective app🤔

No live streaming in OTT...only in TV channels..it's fair...this will boost cable TV and DTH industry...now what will happen for JioCinema?..it may launch few sports channels in 4k and provide free cricket for limited period...
Here what Amazon prime video do for their live streaming in India ?..they might sell rights to any other TV broadcaster?

Good news for Jio fiber users. Sony channels now available directly on Jio TV+ similar to Viacom 18 channels doesn't redirect to Sony liv app to open the channel anymore
Is Sony LIV watermark still there in bottom left corner in JioFiber STB or it is also removed?

No live streaming in OTT...only in TV channels..it's fair...this will boost cable TV and DTH industry...now what will happen for JioCinema?..it may launch few sports channels in 4k and provide free cricket for limited period...
Here what Amazon prime video do for their live streaming in India ?..they might sell rights to any other TV broadcaster?
As per this report by The Times Of India, Sony LIV has already discontinued live TV channels from Wednesday midnight - Ott Platform Stops Live-streaming Of Tv Channels, Sports Enthusiasts Miffed | Kolkata News - Times of India
Live streaming of sports will continue in Apps, who acquired digital rights. Even live tv of Sony channels still available in Sony Liv app.

Last edited:
Live streaming of sports will continue in Apps, who acquired digital rights. Even live tv of Sony channels still available in Sony Liv app.
Yup...i have seen live channels both in mobile and TV apps at morning itself...

I think the audience of dth and ott are completely different. Whatever the situation ott viewers are not coming back to dth just to watch live drama. I mean the percentage of that audience was very less who were migrated from cable to ott for live tv. So Sony axed his own foot. And this step help jio more not dth.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock