Discussion Sony Bravia LCD TV not working (Solved)

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 8 year old Sony Bravia LCD TV which i am using in my room is not working. It powers ON for 10 seconds and then goes off and the power light starts blinking 7-8 times.

I went to the Sony Service Centre and asked them, they said the motherboard is gone bad and replacement/repairs would cost between Rs 12k-15k.

Now i am planning to buy a new TV as i feel Rs 12-15k is too much to spend on a 8 year old TV.

Pls suggest what to do, and what can be done with old TV.

IMO You Can Repair TV In Local Technician Rather Then Brand Service Center & Sold out Via Advertisement For Needed Peoples LCD TV In Negotiable Price For Who Can't Afford To Buy New One & Go For New Purchasing.

@Anish Pai bro i had similar issue on my sony tv , its not always motherboard. my technician fixed the power supply and it worked .
usually sony/samsung/lg service centers are soo lazy , they just look and say "ahh its the motherboard" , they hardly do repair, they just replace coz its easy and less labor costs
so i suggest you to take it to a private/local repairing shop.

Bro, please avoid spending any money to repair the old set. Sell it to a local electronics dealer for 1 - 5k. Buy a brand new set for your room.

@Anish Pai bro i had similar issue on my sony tv , its not always motherboard. my technician fixed the power supply and it worked .
usually sony/samsung/lg service centers are soo lazy , they just look and say "ahh its the motherboard" , they hardly do repair, they just replace coz its easy and less labor costs
so i suggest you to take it to a private/local repairing shop.

Thanks. Will the local repair shop use some local spare parts if anything needs to be replaced ??? Whats the guarantee of the quality of parts if its real or duplicate ???

Was ur TV not powering on at all ???

Thanks. Will the local repair shop use some local spare parts if anything needs to be replaced ??? Whats the guarantee of the quality of parts if its real or duplicate ???

Was ur TV not powering on at all ???

that was like 3 years ago. yeah no power , no picture , as far as i remember green power led was blinking something , sorry i cant remember much
i have a trustworthy guys who owns a technical shop, so yeah i can trust him and he did the job well
but according to your situation , you must take it to a very good place, we never know whether they use original or duplicate parts , it applies to every technical you know

It's not worth it to get an old tv set fixed. Now it's your motherboard soon it's gonna be your picture tube. And plus its an LCD a dated technology. I suggest you to get a VU or a MI TV for the same price you would spent to repair your set.

I read on the internet some one advised to slowly hit the sides and back of the TV, and i did it and TV started working. haha

Its working now, and i dont know when it will go off again as i suspect either a loose power connection or defective power board.

@pramain bro, how much would it cost to fix this ???

@sumitroy bro, u also had a similar issue right?

I read on the internet some one advised to slowly hit the sides and back of the TV, and i did it and TV started working. haha

Its working now, and i dont know when it will go off again as i suspect either a loose power connection or defective power board.

@pramain bro, how much would it cost to fix this ???

nice bro
yeah like i said it could be the power supply not motherboard
it was in 2015 and just a one day job for my technician and it cost around 3000 LKR something or below = 1300 IND

It wasn't working at all. I suspect the problem was in the SMPS but the problem was in motherboard. The service engineer replaced the motherboard. I paid Rs. 3090.
More info: Seeking Help - [Repaired] TV stopped working after lightning strike
I went to the Sony Service Centre and asked them, they said the motherboard is gone bad and replacement/repairs would cost between Rs 12k-15k.
IMHO, The price is too high. Your TV is 8 yr old. You should buy a new TV.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock