Seeking Help [Repaired] TV stopped working after lightning strike

sumitroy

Editor-in-chief, OnlyTech
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
My relative's TV stopped working after lightning strike.
So, I took it apart to figure out the problem and I found that the problem is with the power board and it might needs to be replaced. I've contacted Samsung regarding this and they'll send a service engineer to fix it.
The charges are INR, 600 + 18% GST + part cost (if required)
TV is out of warranty (expired on April 2018). But according to Samsung website I should get "1 Year free additional warranty on lightning, humidity and power surges only." Am I getting that free warranty?

GBBOHBk.jpg

Hope it's gets fixed soon.

Wasn't the TV connected to a stabilizer ? Or a surge protector?
No Bro, it wasn't connected to any stabilizer or surge protector. STB also blew up and it was replaced by local cable operator for free.
Samsung advertise that it's TV can survive lightning strikes and power surges.

Bro I think If There is warranty too then it will be void because you have already opened the box which is mentioned in TC's of all companies that warranty void if box opened yourself or by any outside engineer:blush:
Bro, I did open it but there wasn't any warranty void sticker on the TV and I also put it back together. So, hopefully the service engineer won't notice it.

Bro, I did open it but there wasn't any warranty void sticker on the TV and I also put it back together. So, hopefully the service engineer won't notice it.
Yes Bro @Siva Bro is absolutely right they will identify it very easily But Still Let's Hope for the best(y)

Usually the extended or additional warranty should be availed by manually registering at their service website. Not sure if they have done that. If not, i am afraid the warranty won't be covered.

My Micromax smart tv encountered same issue but fortunately the 3 yr extended warranty saved me from spending over ₹10000, which was the cost of the board as per the engineer.

Update: The service engineer did something and the power board started working and led panel light up. But he also told that the problem is with the main board and it's needs to be replaced. It'll take 3-5 days.
1 year free warranty applies to only SMPS. He told me that if the SMPS is faulty he would have replaced it.
About opening TV back cover. He didn't inspect anything nor he asked me any question regarding that.

Is that TV have power adapter or power cord directly connected to TV...?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock