Rs 5 discount on online payment of LPG cylinder

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Cooking gas customers can now avail an upfront discount of Rs 5 on every refill booked and paid for online.
Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum have begun offering the price discount to cooking gas customers, the oil ministry has said in a statement. Customers can pay using net banking, credit and debit cards at the time of online booking, it said. The discounted amount will be seen on customers' screens as well as the cash memo accompanying the cylinder.
India has about 21 crore cooking gas consumers and most of them pay by cash currently.
"The incentive will encourage more and more liquefied petroleum gas consumers to go for cashless mode of transactions," the statement said.
State oil companies are already offering 0.75% discount on the purchase of petrol and diesel to customers paying digitally. These efforts are in line with the Narendra Modi-led government's thrust on reducing the use of cash in the economy.

Rs 5 discount on online payment of LPG cylinder - The Economic Times

Sarkar said:
But Indane app doesn't have payment facility  :wall
Use Website instead of APP.
Indane site also updated...
bfeaa0c52b5ad2e53fae9a202d497d67.jpg

Its a good Initiative ....Most common people can be benefitted from this...
60/- can be saved (12 cylinder quota for a year)

Sarkar said:
But Indane app doesn't have payment facility  :wall

For me indane app not working bro :shy

&

I have used the online payment from last 4 month :)

Vicky said:
For me indane app not working bro :shy

&

I have used the online payment from last 4 month :)

Online payment via website is available from long time though I have never used it as I mostly book from app. They should incorporate payment facility in app itself as smartphone has greater penetration than PC.  :s

BTW why app isn't working for you bro ?  :huh

It is running fine here

Sarkar said:
Online payment via website is available from long time though I have never used it as I mostly book from app. They should incorporate payment facility in app itself as smartphone has greater penetration than PC.  :s

BTW why app isn't working for you bro ?  :huh

It is running fine here

Don't know  what's the issue bro,after update the new version,it's not working,if enter the login details means,it's stuck,that's reason i always use the indane gas website only :s

I think Rs.5/Rs.15 extra charged for online payment,

HP gas website charges Rs. 7 as convenience fee for online bookings. Moreover, the payment made is not final as the price you pay will be as per LPG price on delivery date. So you've to settle difference with delivery guy!
Why people will choose this over COD method with such hassles?

Update after cylinder delivery:
TL,DR - Almost smooth delivery & no cash involved!

Cylinder was delivered a week after online booking/payment. As usual delivery guy handed over cash memo & asked for payment. Price on cash memo was same as what I paid (before Rs. 5 discount). So at-least there was nothing to settle! But only bad thing is that cash memo doesn't bear any reference of the online booking transaction.
I told him about online payment & showed the payment proof printout. He said nobody informed him about this. He told me to speak to office - as usual nobody picked up so he himself spoke to his boss & got convinced that this was cashless delivery!! In all this, I think he forgot to ask about his own kharcha - pani (cash reward for delivering cylinder)!! Next time too I'll opt for online payment.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock