Here is a major updates regarding the new OTP based delivery of LPG cylinders:
- Oil companies are implementing a new system which will be known as Delivery Authentication Code (DAC). The system will help in preventing the theft and also identifying the right customer.
- Initially the Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) will be implemented in 100 smart cities. The pilot project has started in the city of Jaipur in Rajasthan.
- To stop the theft of LPG cylinders, the delivery shall not be completed untill a code is shown to the delivery person on the consumer's registered mobile number. The code will be sent in the mobile number of the consumer.
- Consumers of the LPG cylinders should get their mobile number updated if they had changed the mobile number registered with the gas agency failing so will result in stopping of delivery of LPG cylinders.
- The consumers should also update the address of their residence if the address mentioned with the gas agency is different from the one in which they are residing.