• Welcome to OnlyTech Forums
    An online community for the tech enthusiasts!

Change in LPG gas cylinder home delivery rules from 1 November

Here is a major updates regarding the new OTP based delivery of LPG cylinders:
  • Oil companies are implementing a new system which will be known as Delivery Authentication Code (DAC). The system will help in preventing the theft and also identifying the right customer.
  • Initially the Delivery Authentication Code (DAC) will be implemented in 100 smart cities. The pilot project has started in the city of Jaipur in Rajasthan.
  • To stop the theft of LPG cylinders, the delivery shall not be completed untill a code is shown to the delivery person on the consumer's registered mobile number. The code will be sent in the mobile number of the consumer.
  • Consumers of the LPG cylinders should get their mobile number updated if they had changed the mobile number registered with the gas agency failing so will result in stopping of delivery of LPG cylinders.
  • The consumers should also update the address of their residence if the address mentioned with the gas agency is different from the one in which they are residing.
LPG cylinder home delivery rules to change from 1 November. Details here

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Reaction score
This is not new. Last couple of months also we recieved OTP to get gas delivered.

Siva

Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I’ve been receiving this OTP since 3 months.

mngWKvA.jpg

Advik

Reaction score
Me too getting PIN everytime but delivery person don't ask any PIN at the time of delivery.

rohitvatsa

Contributor
Reaction score
I am also getting DAC code for past several months but the delivery guy never asks for it.Not sure how exactly this works

ricky005

Reaction score
I too getting these code for past 2-3 months. And, In our place the delivery person ask the code then only he provide cylinder.

Bapun Raz

Staff member
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
No idea why but many reputed sites published this news yesterday.

Upu3jN4.png

Top Bottom