Reliance Jio's beta launch kicks off with employees, family

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,671

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Reliance jio Infocomm is offering its employees and their family an opportunity to test its fourth generation (4G) telecom services. The company is offering up to four SIM cards free along with 75 GB of data to staff. Along with the service, employees and their families are also being offered 4G-enabled VOLTE handsets at a 25 per cent discount.

The company is offering its own devices under the brand name Lyf along with other brands to employees at a 25 per cent discount. The handsets can be bought from Reliance Digital and Digital Express stores. The prices of smart phones on offer range between Rs 15,000 and Rs 30,000. Reliance has around 50,000 employees across India.

In a response to a query sent by Business Standard, the company said: "The engagement with employees is part of our beta test phase, which will facilitate extensive validation of network and business platforms. This will also ensure Jio offers an unmatched and integrated digital experience to the consumers."

Along with the telecom service (high-speed data and voice), the company will also give employees access to numerous applications for free. These applications include Jio Beats (a music app), Jio Drive (a cloud service to store digital content), and Jio Play (entertainment app). The movies app has a vast library of Hindi and English content, for which the company has forged several partnerships to deliver even the latest movie within days of release. Once launched commercially, users will be able to access the latest television shows, movies and other sitcoms through the app.

In a mail circulated to employees, the company said: "As a special offer to Reliance employees, now you can obtain from Jio up to four pre-paid SIMs (free of cost) each loaded with crystal clear voice, 4G and Jio Net Wi-Fi data, and full access to Jio Drive and Media apps."

http://www.afaqs.com/news/story/46518_Reliance-Jios-beta-launch-kicks-off-with-employees-family

Reactions: iSK
sagar.patnaik said:
whats the issue ?

Airtel and other operator will fall back on 2G and 3G spectrum for voice service which most of the devices now in India support whereas JIO will offer voice over data network i.e. Vo-LTE on 2300 Mhz as they don't have 2G and 3G. Now in India there are only very few device along with apple device which support Vo-LTE :k

Sarkar said:
Airtel and other operator will fall back on 2G and 3G spectrum for voice service which most of the devices now in India support whereas JIO will offer voice over data network i.e. Vo-LTE on 2300 Mhz as they don't have 2G and 3G. Now in India there are only very few device along with apple device which support Vo-LTE :k

Thats true but that situation is not gonna improve in 3 months. Their major focus is only data and enterprise services. Just imagine 75-100 GB data at Rs 1000. Im sure no other operator can afford to give that due to spectrum crunch but jio has 20 MHz spectrum it can easily afford. Most of the people will buy 4G dongles just to use data at that crackingly low price.

sagar.patnaik said:
I heard they postponed the launch from 25th dec 2015 to April 2016 Sad news

:( Bad News :s

sagar.patnaik said:
Thats true but that situation is not gonna improve in 3 months. Their major focus is only data and enterprise services. Just imagine 75-100 GB data at Rs 1000. Im sure no other operator can afford to give that due to spectrum crunch but jio has 20 MHz spectrum it can easily afford. Most of the people will buy 4G dongles just to use data at that crackingly low price.

True 75-100 GB data at Rs 1000 is very hard to imagine even on a wired fiber connection on top of that it's wireless, :lol

If they provide I think it will be restricted to only JIO services(Jio chat instead of whatsapp or hike, Jio TV instea of youtube, Jio drive instead of Googledrive or onedrive etc ) just like RCOM and Facebook's internet.org which is free for Rcom subscribers and by which they are trying to convince customers that Facebook is the whole internet.

Oh forgot to mention that JIO also launch Jio Beat(music service), Jio play movie app something rival to hotstar I think.

So If you try to access rival apps or services then I am sure Jio will charge extra over and above of that Rs 1000 :s

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock