Reliance Jio sends legal notice to Ookla

• Thread starter Ritesh
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 36
  • Views: Views 5,076

Ritesh

Reaction score
Reliance Jio approached the advertising watchdog ASCI on Monday, seeking a withdrawal of Bharti Airtel’s advertisements, terming them as false, misleading and incorrect, a move which is set to intensify the war between both the telcos.

Bharti Airtel’s latest advertisements claim that the telco is the fastest telecom network in India as rated by Ookla - the broadband testing and web-based network diagnostic applications. The company Monday denied any wrong doing.

“The claim of Airtel is not true, and is misleading, and has been made with the knowledge that the methodology adopted for to determine the mobile internet speed was completely flawed (this has been accepted by Ookla, LLC in correspondence with us),” Reliance Jio said in its letter to Advertising Standards Council of India dated march 20, 2017.

“Airtel is the dominant telecom operator in India in existence for the last 22 years. Airtel cannot claim ignorance of the methodology used by Ookla for determination of the speed,” it added.

Source: Reliance Jio: Reliance Jio sends legal notice to Ookla, seeks withdrawal of Airtel’s fastest network advertisements, Telecom News, ET Telecom

My View:
Few days back, i had also seen a video on YouTube by Phone radar claiming same thing.
But i personally feel it depends from region to region. One thing is sure, i have never seen Airtel 4g crossing 50 Mbps, on the other hand, Jio has touched upto 78 Mbps.
Here is the link: Proof that Airtel's Claim of Fastest Mobile Network is WRONG - YouTube

When we believe TRAI data is correct, we need to believe Ookla as well. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

thisisjagan said:
When we believe TRAI data is correct, we need to believe Ookla as well. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

But bro there is bug in okala app as if you test Jio speed in 2nd sim and if you have airtel or another sim in 1st slot then it will show that result as that network carrier name :s

Whatever be the case, we should be happy that Ookla announced this and in return Airtel celebrated this by giving us surprise data packs.

Ritesh said:
Whatever be the case, we should be happy that Ookla announced this and in return Airtel celebrated this by giving us surprise data packs.
Airtel never give surprised data it's giving to beat Jio :hehe :hehe

hike said:
Airtel never give surprised data it's giving to beat Jio :hehe :hehe
That's so obvious bro.. but they can't openly accept that na.. So, Ookla gave them that opportunity to throw freebies.. i meant that.

Bapun Raz said:
Yes. Airtel being a super kanjoos company, free things not expected at all but Jio made it possible.
That's true.
Ritesh said:
That's so obvious bro.. but they can't openly accept that na.. So, Ookla gave them that opportunity to throw freebies.. i meant that.
Lol guys...!! [emoji38] :D

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock