OTF Exclusive Reliance Jio Fiber Set-top box (Cable TV) Pictures - First on Net

JIO will stick to cable TV for atleast 1 more year. IPTV will bring revenue loss for DTH/cable and also they dont comply by TRAI rules. U can correlate the reasons below:

* JIO TV android app stopped working in fire TV stick/android TV box
* Screen mirroring of JIO Tv app on big screen was stopped an year back
* When JIO PHONE was launched it was declared that a cable would be given to watch live TV through JIO Tv app. But then due to some legal issues those cables were not given.
* Airtel Xtream smart stick was shown in Airtel TV app. Now it has been removed.
* HDMI port output has been removed from all smartphones/tablets in India since 2 years. This has been done to prevent live mirroring of JIO Tv/Airtel TV to televisions.
TRAI rules are applicable to IP tv, but not in the case of APP tv like JIO tv , AIRTEL tv etc.

Last edited:
Why to this much guess work?? If u have broadband with you, then go ahead with fire tv (not tatasky one) or any other independent android box and enjoy quality tv almost free!! Calling is already very cheap now!!
I am doing the same thing for my secondary TV. Fire TV with third party apps and reliable broadband is enough for everyone. :d

Moment any such apps are allowed to be watched on TV, it becomes IPTV
There is a difference beween IP tv and App TV. ACT fiber and AP fiber are providing IP tv based on TRAI rules with channel no. and displaying MRP rate of channel, but in JIO TV App and AIRTEL TV App has no MRP rate of channels were displayed.

There is a difference beween IP tv and App TV. ACT fiber and AP fiber are providing IP tv based on TRAI rules with channel no. and displaying MRP rate of channel, but in JIO TV App and AIRTEL TV App has no MRP rate of channels were displayed.
The charges are same as in DTH right?? NCF + HD channels will come around 300 rs.
So in either way if JIO provides IPTV/cable network we would have to shell around 700+300 rs for TV + broadband :(

today GTPL announced they are closing their broadband services across gujrat from 14th September

others owned subsidiary will follow I guess.

as per my study on their previous takeover strategy - they might kill the cable business as well some way that it will enable non iptv jio tv solution in future.

Public Notice :

Post from above pic by Multi Bro.

"This is to inform all broadband suscribers of GTPL Kaizen Infone Pvt. Ltd. that our Internet Service will be disconnected w.e.f. 14th Sep 2019, as we shall cease to provide our services in the regions of Gujarat"

JioFiber hybrid set-top-box images leaked, here's all you need to know

they have mentioned in lines that as follows:

"According to DreamDTH, the interface of the STB is similar to the one offered by TataSky on its DTH set-top-box and the electronic programme guide mentions the a la carte price of the channel as per the TRAI regulation. "

it has been published in Business Today.

Guys.check this video.its latest one date 1 sep 2019..jio set top with all channels playing via jio tv app installed within the set top box itself.also no price of any individual channel is mentioned ..so it means trai rule wont follow here ..

Source
so its clear JIO TV (IPTV) is there in JIO STB..n for those who just want Cable TV service they will get that through LCOs..But for ppl who opt for JIO FIBER will get This JIO IPTV box ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock