Breaking Reliance Jio announces tariff hike - Unlimited 5G restricted to 2GB/Day and above plans

jio also want improvement in ARPU like airtel
so those who thinks and was behaving like we can manage data usage with 222-50gb plan are slapped with 12/6/2/1 gb as sachet pack
No way this will improve ARPU. People will prefer airtel due to stable network at most of the places.

Smart-Select-20240703-021231-My-Jio.jpg

Value pack of 84 days and 336 days validities come back after updated rates.😅🥲
Still good enough if you have wifi at home.

Now i can assume what's going to be 5g plans when launch. It may be starts from 5gb/day that can cost max 400rs with 28 days validity. It will be a sweet spot for both users and companies. A chunk of user will not use 5g if plans were costlier than this.

I think from Next year Big Telcos might remove long term UL voice plans (84/365 days) to improve ARPU
May be not. Once a user purchases a long term pack, he is "locked-in" for that duration. Now, even if the network quality fluctuates during the year due to upgrade or similar reasons, the users are unlikely to port out. This could be a way to avoid churn, at the same time earn money for the telcos.

In Jio's Unlimited 179 Rs Plan. They have decreased the days . They are giving 18 Days from today . Earlier it was 24 Days.
They have kept many denominations like this with a decreased validity. Another example is ₹666 plan. By allowing old denominations for successful recharges, it is no harm to the users as the they get same old benefits without looking for new plans. Some people may find difficult to determine the new plan to opt and might lead to stoppage of services. Customers get time to learn more about the plan changes and can opt for a different one in future if he/she finds them better.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock