Discussion Tariff hike by Airtel vs. Jio vs. Vi plans price comparison and discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 47
  • Views Views: Views 4,409
Bad in your location doesn't mean bad everywhere.
I don't know how frequent you travel in train Airtel fails to deliver in moving train. I travel Bhopal, Ludhiana, Prayagraj, Banglore, Varanasi, Delhi, etc on regular basis and found Airtel fails to provide proper coverage in many remote areas including Rajasthan.
Correct. Being a telecom user for the last 21 years. I can say Airtel is the best in terms of coverage and service.
Being in business for so many years if you fails to provide a proper coverage to remote areas and your competitor provide coverage in remote areas (personal experience) within just 7 days of complaint raise big question about your credibility.

Note that airtel is not a pure 5G network. The 5G network is not being shown if I force my phone to 5G only mode. So airtel giving free 5G will be useless.

All operators have both 4G and 5G spectrum in use so be it Jio, Airtel or Vi none r purely a 5G network

Not a fan boy of airtel/jio but I would always say coverage and stability depends on location. Bad in your location doesn't mean bad everywhere.
Very true....airtel might be slightly costly but their service quality is far far better.....also one should read articles on how Airtel tackled the long disruption cycle in telecom industry and emerged victorious..... Very smart and interesting approach was used by Airtel which is why they were able to sail thru tough times and remain a success story

If want to port out from Airtel which one would be cheapest recharge I can make?

Since July 3-4, when the hike by three private players—Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea—came into effect, some 250,000 customers have ported to the state-run firm from other operators by utilising mobile number portability (MNP).

Since July 3-4, when the hike by three private players—Reliance Jio, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea—came into effect, some 250,000 customers have ported to the state-run firm from other operators by utilising mobile number portability (MNP).

They will come to senses within next 90 days and move back to private operators. Or retain the number as long as it's not their primary number.

How our telecom made us a fool customer in doing recharges with 28 days, 70 days, 84 days, 90 days and 365 days. For 1.5GB, an average user will need to do recharge for 70 days which will benefits him, ask how? For 70 days, telecom's did added 28 days with 2 months with 14 days extra, it will be 70 days, You can recharge with plan pricing under 700.
For 2GB per day, you have another 2 plans at price under Rs 800. If you tried ever think for 84 days, where you only have benefits 14 days more than 70 days with pricing increased from 900 goes up to 1200 Rs which is expensive, Just re-again about 70 days plan, if you multiply 70 x 5 which provides you 350 days, we have 365 days in a year. It will be benefit then 84 days or 90 days.

For long 1 year term plan is not benefits for most of user aren't rich btw if you want to switch network or visit some place for few months with network of jio is not that good, you need to think the value of 2-3 months validity plans.

Trai in favors introduciton new prepaid plans for voice calls with sms services people'. These plans will be active in coming days with no data pack included.
After public consultations, most of people in India still didn't want their prepaid plans along with voice calls and sms, they said sometimes data with higher gb didn't much need.
Trai said they saw numbers of complained in most of status. They will inform the major telecom's companies to make these plans sooner.

Trai in favors introduciton new prepaid plans for voice calls with sms services people'. These plans will be active in coming days with no data pack included.
After public consultations, most of people in India still didn't want their prepaid plans along with voice calls and sms, they said sometimes data with higher gb didn't much need.
Trai said they saw numbers of complained in most of status. They will inform the major telecom's companies to make these plans sooner.
The value plans by operators which offer unlimited voice calling and 100 SMS per day with 2GB/28 days, 6GB/84 days, 24 GB/year are as good as voice and SMS plans only. The data in these plans is negligible going by today's consumption patterns.
If TRAI forces the telcos to introduce only voice and SMS plans then they may simply remove the data benefit from these value plans keeping the denomination same and satisfy the TRAI requirement. In that case the subscribers will only be at loss coz everyone needs at least some data and then they will have to opt for data add-on separately and operators will earn extra from that.

I think trai will force telecom companies to provide 500 mb data for basic consumption. This order is already on public consultation will likely pass around September, Most of people's didn't happy plans increased after 3 July. BSNL had seen also increase of 16 Lakh subscribers based in last 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom