Premier League Season 2022-2023 | News, Discussion & Updates

I just said Spurs are playing the equal number of games as other teams of the big 6 this is not the knockout stages of the european competition this is just the group stage playing against the comparitively weaker teams you are not playing top teams every 3 days. So spurs cant say they are the only team that is tired every team is tired thanks to the stupid scheduling by the European associations. The moment the WC was shifted to Nov Dec they should have started the season by the first week of July or latest by mid July but they waited till August to begin the season they should have preponed the season by a month to accomodate the World Cup in Nov Dec which they didnt do. Now all the teams are struggling with injuries left right and center coz of the congested schedule which was their own doing.
Here is some data for you regarding the start and end of PL for last 4 ssn's:
2019-20 PL ssn. started on 09/Aug/19 and ended on 26/July/20
2020-21 ssn. Started on 12-Sep-20 and ended on 23/May/21(ssn. started after merely 6 weeks)
European Champions Cup started on 11/june/21 and ended on 11/July/21
2021-22 PL ssn. Started 13-Aug-21 ended on 22/May/22(PL ssn. started even before 4 weeks of Euros)
2022-23 PL ssn started on 6-Aug-22
FIFA mandates that there should be 4 weeks of gap for players between finishing of a major tournament and start of a new one unless the players himself agrees to join before this 4 weeks period.
I am not even counting the African nations cup.
So,this was the 1st ssn. after 2019 when players actually had some rest.
Just to put into context Chelsea played 63 matches in around 290 days last ssn. If you add International matches to it which due to greed of UEFA and FIFA was increased to 3 matches per international break from the existing 2 matches/break,a fully fit Chelsea player would have played every 3rd day for a year.This was bound to explode at some point of time.You will see much more injuries during the WC too for teams going far into the tournament.

Here is some data for you regarding the start and end of PL for last 4 ssn's:
2019-20 PL ssn. started on 09/Aug/19 and ended on 26/July/20
2020-21 ssn. Started on 12-Sep-20 and ended on 23/May/21(ssn. started after merely 6 weeks)
European Champions Cup started on 11/june/21 and ended on 11/July/21
2021-22 PL ssn. Started 13-Aug-21 ended on 22/May/22(PL ssn. started even before 4 weeks of Euros)
2022-23 PL ssn started on 6-Aug-22
FIFA mandates that there should be 4 weeks of gap for players between finishing of a major tournament and start of a new one unless the players himself agrees to join before this 4 weeks period.
I am not even counting the African nations cup.
So,this was the 1st ssn. after 2019 when players actually had some rest.
Just to put into context Chelsea played 63 matches in around 290 days last ssn. If you add International matches to it which due to greed of UEFA and FIFA was increased to 3 matches per international break from the existing 2 matches/break,a fully fit Chelsea player would have played every 3rd day for a year.This was bound to explode at some point of time.You will see much more injuries during the WC too for teams going far into the tournament.
I say that knowing that this was a world cup year there should be more priority should be goven to the world cup than any other tournament dont care whatever tournament that is and they should have just said no club matches in Nov Dec we will have WC then instead of the usual June July so we start the ssn a mnth earlier in July after a 4 week break frm end of May to compensate. That was the logical thing to do but instead see as you said they just started 1 week earlier than last season knowing full well there will be no club games for atleast 5 weeks during the World Cup.

People think this is only for this World Cup but I am telling you if a country like Australia host the World cup then most likely World cup will be held in this October to December months itself otherwise they have to host a Winter world cup playing in approximately 10-15C temperature. I know that football is played in winter during the ssn in Europe but there is no way they will hold a World Cup in Winter as it wont be good for fans and for the game as a whole

I say that knowing that this was a world cup year there should be more priority should be goven to the world cup than any other tournament dont care whatever tournament that is and they should have just said no club matches in Nov Dec we will have WC then instead of the usual June July so we start the ssn a mnth earlier in July after a 4 week break frm end of May to compensate. That was the logical thing to do but instead see as you said they just started 1 week earlier than last season knowing full well there will be no club games for atleast 5 weeks during the World Cup.

People think this is only for this World Cup but I am telling you if a country like Australia host the World cup then most likely World cup will be held in this October to December months itself otherwise they have to host a Winter world cup playing in approximately 10-15C temperature. I know that football is played in winter during the ssn in Europe but there is no way they will hold a World Cup in Winter as it wont be good for fans and for the game as a whole
You expect the players to have 3 ssn's without any rest in summer?
Secondly holding WC in summer isn't down only to weather.Unlike us Indians European like to go on holidays in summer and schools remain close.This is the perfect moment for organizers to get more attendance.
As for Australia,they can have football in their winter.They already play Rugby in June-July.

You expect the players to have 3 ssn's without any rest in summer?
Secondly holding WC in summer isn't down only to weather.Unlike us Indians European like to go on holidays in summer and schools remain close.This is the perfect moment for organizers to get more attendance.
As for Australia,they can have football in their winter.They already play Rugby in June-July.
WC is the most important tournament and it should be held at the best time if it doesnt suit to hold WC in June July then hold regular ssn in June July and WC whenever it is perfect to hold WC.

It should not be like WC should be in June July even if it is winter in Australia

Armando Broja out for the season with ACL.Hopefully he will be back fitter and stronger than ever .

Andy Robertson is a record-breaker. 🙌

Most Premier League assists provided by defenders in the competition's history.

◉ Andy Robertson (54, 231 games)
◎ Leighton Baines (53, 420 games)

Liverpool wins against aston villa in an away match

After losing consecutive league games, Liverpool were in ninth place.

We have won three straight since and are in sixth, five points behind fourth-place Tottenham with a game in hand.

Finally extra time came to normal

qeeqig9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock