Breaking Jio starts upgrading existing customers to new plans

Ok. Jio's customer care has confirmed to a twitter user that speeds will be upgraded when we finish our remaining data on our existing plan.
Data Speed has nothing to do with our data count. Either they don't have any knowledge or they are just fooling around.
There has to be some problem in their backend process, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.
Earlier also many users got blackout suddenly for almost 1 day, and in that case no one knows the actual reason, even their customer care were clueless and suddenly we got official words that due to some cable disconnection in the main line deep under the sea, that outage has happened for many customers throughout the country. And also everyone who effected with this, got 2 days compensation plan of unlimited data as a voucher.

Hope for the best, everything will get normal and we all get what has been promised to us. 😊

Last edited:
Data Speed has nothing to do with our data count. Either they don't have any knowledge or they are just fooling around.
There has to be some problem in their backend process, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.
Earlier also many users got blackout suddenly for almost 1 day, and in that case no one knows the actual reason, even their customer care were clueless and suddenly we got official words that due to some cable disconnection in the main line deep under the sea, that outage has happened for many customers throughout the country. And also everyone who effected with this, got 2 days compensation plan of unlimited data as a voucher.

Hope for the best, everything will get normal and we all get what has been promised to us. 😊
🤞🤞

Absolutely right

1DZuIxs.jpg

Airtel has already upgraded speeds to their existing customers according to the new plans. It is also reflected in my airtel app it seems. They announced the new plans only today.

Jio users are yet to receive upgraded speeds..:rolleyes::sneaky:
Yep. I am using V-Fiber (Airtel's fancy name for ADSL), with probably their least possible broadband plan.

Rs.599 + GST = ~707 per month.
Speed 40mbps
Data = 75GB ( Plan Quota ) + 30GB ( Airtel Surprise [whatever that means!] ) = 105GB per month

Now, the Plan Quota has been increased to 3333GB.

So new Data =
3333GB ( Plan Quota ) + 30GB ( Airtel Surprise ) = 3363GB per month

No increase in speed though. That is mostly I think because of my line being copper (V-Fiber or ADSL), as opposed to real fiber. Even if the line were fiber, I am not sure if they would have increased the speed for this low priced plan.

Last edited:
Ok. Jio's customer care has confirmed to a twitter user that speeds will be upgraded when we finish our remaining data on our existing plan.
That, is .... well, strange.

As of today, I have utilized only around 58GB of the monthly 200GB Base Plan quota for my old Silver Plan. So I still have to make use of, around 142GB, for the new speed to come into effect? 🤔

How twisted is that? 😂

I'll have to repeatedly stream some 4K videos then 📺

Either as mental as that, or I'll have wait until this month's Base Plan quota expires for me on September 14th. But then, there is also the possibility that come September 14th, a new 200GB might be allocated for the next 30 days' Base Plan quota. What happens then!? 💁‍♂️

This is, if we are to take Twitter Jio's explanation at face value🕺

I am on old Silver Plan, I have exhausted my 200GB plan data. Now I'm on the unlimited data addon.

The speed has NOT changed. Very disappointed. :(

No sign of 150MbPS symmetric.

Still getting only 100 down, 10 up.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock