Breaking Jio starts upgrading existing customers to new plans

I am on old Silver Plan, I have exhausted my 200GB plan data. Now I'm on the unlimited data addon.

The speed has NOT changed. Very disappointed. :(

No sign of 150MbPS symmetric.

Still getting only 100 down, 10 up.
Don't be. We should eventually get it. They are giving it for free, after all. They could have always said that the old plans would continue without any change until the end of users' current base plan validity. It still is the case. Just that they have chosen to up the speed and data quota.

At the same time, there is no denying that the communication to existing users could have been way better. Looks like Jio has jumped the gun here. They should have gotten everything ready first before notifying about the migration date, as opposed to what they have done now:
notify first, and then scramble things together - - which is probably not a sound strategy.

Last edited:
Don't be. We should eventually get it. They are giving it for free, after all. They could have always said that the old plans would continue without any change until the end of users' current base plan validity. It still is the case. Just that they have chosen to up the speed and data quota.

At the same time, there is no denying that the communication to existing users could have been way better. Looks like Jio has jumped the gun here. They should have gotten everything ready first before notifying about the migration date, as opposed to what they have done now:
notify first, and then scramble things together - - which is probably not a sound strategy.
Why are u again and again Giving False Information here. We all are getting Upgraded.. like i am on Gold plan and after Upgradation we will be having Diamond plan..

Jio should launch a 300 mbps plan with out Netflix. In my opinion Jio making a huge mistake by adding Netflix in their plans. Netflix will make Jio more expensive or Jio has to forego the major share of their profit to retain Netflix. Netflix will demand more money from Jio, even though the customer base is less for Netflix.

Jio should launch a 300 mbps plan with out Netflix. In my opinion Jio making a huge mistake by adding Netflix in their plans. Netflix will make Jio more expensive or Jio has to forego the major share of their profit to retain Netflix. Netflix will demand more money from Jio, even though the customer base is less for Netflix.
Very less imo.

Why are u again and again Giving False Information here. We all are getting Upgraded.. like i am on Gold plan and after Upgradation we will be having Diamond plan..
False information .... ?

What false information?

Hopefully you could comprehend English?

Just that they have chosen to up the speed and data quota.

I have clearly stated that the speed and data quota are going to be increased.

Nothing more, nothing less. @Jagadeesh already linked the FAQ page from the Jio Fiber website that clearly explains this fact, in an easy to understand table.

As far as I infer, Jio will never change the name of the old Silver and Gold plans for existing customers, respectively to Gold and Diamond plans. Jio will never give access to more apps than what the existing customers already have.

This is NOT false information. This is my interpretation, based on the data presented before us by Jio:

1) On their website

2) In the My Jio app

Try to comprehend properly, before falsely accusing others of spreading misinformation.

Last edited:
Now once n for all Please for God’s Sake Stop this Debate. Netflix will be Available for Existing customers also. Pls See this....
KqEYaq8.jpg
@Sivabhaskar Look at this..

As it stands, old customers have got unlimited data plan added to their my plan page. The same shall be activated once the current plan is exhausted. It gives speed bump but with asymmetric speed. Your current OTT subscription will continue to be the same. Example Netflix for 1499 plan onwards will not be applicable to old Gold plan users. It makes less business case in a sense a long duration user will keep on enjoying added benefits till the plan expires. Also if you recharge and activate new 1499 diamond plan, you get access to Netflix as it overrides all ongoing plans.

As it stands, old customers have got unlimited data plan added to their my plan page. The same shall be activated once the current plan is exhausted. It gives speed bump but with asymmetric speed. Your current OTT subscription will continue to be the same. Example Netflix for 1499 plan onwards will not be applicable to old Gold plan users. It makes less business case in a sense a long duration user will keep on enjoying added benefits till the plan expires. Also if you recharge and activate new 1499 diamond plan, you get access to Netflix as it overrides all ongoing plans.
No one has got Netflix yet, they haven't even added it into the STB. So no need to talk about Netflix in each and every conservation. They can give Netflix to any customer, old or new....it's their choice.

How about this?

Ok..I think I have an answer for all our questions.

1H0tcLn.png

More here - What happens to the existing customers | Reliance Jio FAQs
Please note that the FAQ section posted by @Jagadeesh above, is a HTML page, which is constantly updated to meet Jio's ever evolving Terms and Conditions of their Trial offer.

On the other hand, the one you have referenced is an IMAGE, which was probably posted when the offer was announced.

According to the new and updated FAQ section, even the Trial Offer does not offer (during the trial period) 12 apps like it was announced initially. It offers only 10 apps.

Please look at the following 2 links. One is the FAQ page for the Trial Offer. The other is the Jio Fiber Plans page. Both the pages mention only 10 apps being offered for the trial period. Not 12 apps.

1) What is the JioFiber Trial Offer | Reliance Jio FAQs

2) Broadband Plans & Internet Service Provider - Get 30-Day Trial

If even the Trial users are going to get only 10 apps, how could we expect Jio to provide 12 apps for existing customers, even after their speed and data allowance is increased?

I honestly don't think even Jio could do that. That could incur a lot of additional cost for them. Because however low it is for them, they will have to pay some sort of compensation to each App Provider for every new subscription Jio costs them. App Providers logically won't allow existing Jio Fiber users to avail free subscriptions just because they have a deal with Jio. They would expect some sort of compensation to match every free subscription they are providing to each Jio Fiber customer.

Last edited:
For anyone interested, here is the link to access Jio's entire FAQ gamut. The Trial Offer section can be accessed once we get into the Jio Fiber section of this page.

Jio - Help & Support

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock