Breaking Jio starts upgrading existing customers to new plans

There is No such plan which provides 10 OTT apps except for new customers that too which are trial period ones.
That's correct.

And that also why I am skeptical about the availability of Prime and Netflix for free upgrades -- mainly because of the wording on that ambiguous SMS. What did your SMS say?

That's correct.

And that also why I am skeptical about the availability of Prime and Netflix for free upgrades -- mainly because of the wording on that ambiguous SMS. What did your SMS say?
My SMS which I have been getting from last week had no talk about the OTT apps, only thing mentioned was they will be upgrading my current plan to the speed 300. Nothing else was mentioned, and I'm not so sure if I'm missing anything on here, but I spoke to customer care once new plans were launched, they mentioned the Netflix is available for new customers and only if we recharge with newer plans we would get the Netflix, I spoke on 1st September with them.

Even they were not sure if we would get Netflix in the upgraded packs. So cannot say anything yet.

This evening, I got the extra data allowance as well. Hopefully, they will upgrade the speed too. Fingers crossed. Also I guess I am a bit lucky on the validity of the free upgrade, as my old Silver Plan expires only on February 12, 2021 :)

eoqpSZ8.jpg

Yeah you are quite lucky, I recharged just for a month extra as 20% off on recharges using citibank was going on in the last month. I was really excited for Netflix though, lets see what happens with it, though the App hasn't been added yet in the Jio STB.

My SMS which I have been getting from last week had no talk about the OTT apps, only thing mentioned was they will be upgrading my current plan to the speed 300. Nothing else was mentioned, and I'm not so sure if I'm missing anything on here, but I spoke to customer care once new plans were launched, they mentioned the Netflix is available for new customers and only if we recharge with newer plans we would get the Netflix, I spoke on 1st September with them.

Even they were not sure if we would get Netflix in the upgraded packs. So cannot say anything yet.
Here you go. I am in the old Silver Plan. The SMS did not even talk about the "name" of any new plan I would be upgraded to. It just talks about the speed and data allowance. So I expect the name of the plan to stay the same, with only the speed and data allowance upgraded -- along with subscriptions to the same apps as before.

two75Ts.png

Last edited:
Here you go. I am in the old Silver Plan. The SMS did not even talk about the "name" of any new plan I would be upgraded to. It just talks about the speed and data allowance. So I expect the name of the plan to stay the same, with only the speed and data allowance upgraded -- along with subscriptions to the same apps as before.

two75Ts.png
Upload speed is not symmetrical yet. Still 1/10th only.

two75Ts.png
I have been getting messages with literally no mention of OTT apps mentioned. They are just making everything quite ambiguous.

Netflix hasn’t arrived yet and we all are discussing whether we get it or not. Atleast wait for the addition.
They usually take their own time in adding the apps which they are providing and seeing it is accessible everywhere else like on mobile, TV. I don't feel any wrong in discussing about the subscription even if it isn't added to the JIO STB apps tray.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock