Breaking Jio starts upgrading existing customers to new plans

Jagadeesh

Contributor
Reaction score
Jio has started to upgrade plans for existing customers.

I was on Gold Plan and have received "Unlimited Data - 3.22 TB" voucher added to my account. It expires on 5th October 4.00 PM

No signs of symmetrical speeds and Netflix yet.

3IcnJUx.jpg

Last edited:

I was on Gold Plan and have received "Unlimited Data - 3.22 TB" voucher added to my account. It expires on 5th October 4.00 PM

3IcnJUx.jpg
I think you have to first finish the remaining 138.5 GB

3IcnJUx.jpg
It looks like your old Gold Plan expires on September 23, right? Post which I believe you would have to recharge with one of the new plans, correct?

Also, I highly doubt they will provide Netflix for existing customers who are going to be FREELY upgraded to the new Diamond plan. Because, I am currently in the old Silver plan -- and the free upgrade notification SMS that I received last week mentioned that the number of OTT Apps I would get as part of the upgrade was 10, as opposed to 11 that the new Gold plan is supposed to get. So, I am guessing, like you, in my case, I too won't be getting Amazon Prime as part of the free upgrade. What do you think?

It looks like your old Gold Plan expires on September 23, right? Post which I believe you would have to recharge with one of the new plans, correct?

Also, I highly doubt they will provide Netflix for existing customers who are going to be FREELY upgraded to the new Diamond plan. Because, I am currently in the old Silver plan -- and the free upgrade notification SMS that I received last week mentioned that the number of OTT Apps I would get as part of the upgrade was 10, as opposed to 11 that the new Gold plan is supposed to get. So, I am guessing, like you, in my case, I too won't be getting Amazon Prime as part of the free upgrade. What do you think?
They told they will upgrade gold users to diamond. So I assumed that I would get extra speed and Netflix. They said they will honor existing customers. I assumed we will receive free upgrade till the end of our current validity.

They told they will upgrade gold users to diamond. So I assumed that I would get extra speed and Netflix. They said they will honor existing customers. I assumed we will receive free upgrade till the end of our current validity.
Your assumption is correct. I did too, when I first saw the SMS. But the wording on the SMS is ambiguous. What did yours say -- 11 or 12?

There is No such plan which provides 10 OTT apps except for new customers that too which are trial period ones.

Well if they do not provide Netflix even after upgrading, that would look quite bad on Jio, if they are upgrading we should be getting all the benefits not just a part of it. I was on a gold plan which got upgraded to Diamond at 4 pm. I was positive on getting Netflix since yesterday. If that doesn't happen it wouldn't be right from the part of Jio. There is no one who offers partial benefits after upgradation.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock