• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 24
  • Views: Views 5,536

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The TV i am talking about is this one: DDF Exclusive - My new Sony Bravia 49" X82E 4K HDR Android TV

I am facing small black dead screen area on my TV along with that some vertical also coming but it is hardly noticable only on white screen.

As i had mentioned on this post due to festive offer i had received 2 years warranty on panel so my warranty is still valid.

I am confused if i should ignore these small error or complain Sony service center about it. I am also worried if this issue will increase further after a few month/years.

Spending such huge amount and getting such troubles within two years surely feels bad.

I have another Sony 32" LED which is older than this one and that has not got a single issue yet. I am happy with that.

But worth mentioing my very first LED which was also from Sony has such issue, i have sold that now.

@Bapun Raz Bro,

My Sony LED TV also has some white dots at the bottom of the screen near the Sony Logo, it appeared suddenly after 1 year of use.

I have extra 2 years extended warranty which i took by paying Rs 5000, and i am also considering to fix this issue.

I have time till my warranty expires so i am waiting for some time to see if these dots increase or not, anyways which i will request Sony to fix the same

I suggest I u speak to Sony about this and get its resolved ASAP (Fixed or Replaced), Contact ur dealer from where u purchased, then call Sony and u cant ignore this issue as u have paid a huge amount for this.

Last edited:
The TV i am talking about is this one: DDF Exclusive - My new Sony Bravia 49" X82E 4K HDR Android TV

I am facing small black dead screen area on my TV along with that some vertical also coming but it is hardly noticable only on white screen.

As i had mentioned on this post due to festive offer i had received 2 years warranty on panel so my warranty is still valid.

I am confused if i should ignore these small error or complain Sony service center about it. I am also worried if this issue will increase further after a few month/years.

Spending such huge amount and getting such troubles within two years surely feels bad.

I have another Sony 32" LED which is older than this one and that has not got a single issue yet. I am happy with that.

But worth mentioing my very first LED which was also from Sony has such issue, i have sold that now.
Could you post pics of the issue?

@Bapun Raz bro, I don't have any such issues for my 4K TV (55", non-android) after 4 years of use.
My TV runs an average of 10 hours/day.

Could you post pics of the issue?
I was able to take snap of the black dot not of the vertical line as it comes on certain screen affects only.

WmyGCaZ.jpg

lz8VqCC.jpg

@Bapun Raz bro, I don't have any such issues for my 4K TV (55", non-android) after 4 years of use.
My TV runs an average of 10 hours/day.
Yes bro, same with my 32" non-android smart TV as well, that is perfect till now without any issues. It doesn't happen for all TVs but happens for some. Unfortunately i am facing on mine.🤕

Very sad to hear this bro. As you know, I also bought a Sony 49W772E, around same time in 2017.

Good News - Bought Sony 49W772E LED TV

I also got 2 year warranty along with 1 TB hard drive. I think it's the same offer as yours.

And my friend bought the exact same model 5 months before me (Around May 2017 time frame) and it now has this issue of small dot in the middle of the screen. It started exactly after 1 year of purchase, and his warranty was just 1 year, as the extended warranty offer wasn't available at that time. He is now left with no option except to bear it or spend huge amount to get the panel replaced. These panel issues have become increasingly common now a days, even with a trusted TV brand like Sony :cautious: I think these big brands should provide 3 year warranty by default, at least for the TVs priced above 50k.

hope that black dead pixel do not spread..

let me tell you my story:
in 2010 i bought a Sony LCD TV.. after 5 months of usage i saw 2 dead pixel.. i called cc, technician came and told, its normal and not noticeable...
after warranty over (1 year) suddenly a vertical black line appears, when i ask for service charge, they asks almost half of the TV price.. then i sold that tv at throw away price..

later i bought Samsung LCD TV.. it's almost 8 years old, still not a single dead pixel...

its may be my bad luck, but not a single Sony product i bought, gave me satisfaction..
Sony Cybershot - Reddish Picture.
Sony LCD - Dead Pixel.
Sony Xperia M - Corrupted internal Memory. (EBOLA)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock