Seeking Help Issue in my Sony LED Panel

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Please help me guys
I am using 32R412B sony LED tv from 2014.
I am seeing Horizontal lines on my tv panel from today evening
(SS are attached below)
Please guide me what to do next?How much it will cost me to change ??

IMG_20180903_175647.jpg

IMG_20180903_175652.jpg

IMG_20180903_175731.jpg

IMG_20180903_175739.jpg

IMG_20180903_175836.jpg

Kindly help please

Last edited:
press home button on remote to display tv menu screen
if similar issue occurs on tv menu screen ..
there may be some issue, follow these.

1.restart the tv & chexk if issue is resolved
i. turn off the tv and unplug the AC power cord
ii. keep the tv unplugged for five minutes.
iii. plug in the AC power cord and turn on tv to check the status.

if it doesnt resolve you may have to service it.
have never faced similar .. but old tv used to show green screen due to water entering through cable in crt tv..it used to work normal after keepng on and turn fan.

i have replied same solution which is mentioned in sony electronic support site. hope it works
What to do when there are lines in the screen, the screen is blurred, double images occur, or odd colors occur. | Sony IN

Noticed that when Power saving mode set to High the lines appears on screen , if we select power saving mode to Low/off the line disappear from screen and it come again if we select high power saving option.
From my experience with various LCD/LED panel failure, I have gone through this type of failures in 2-3 laptop led screens, this looks like hardware failure, please consult Sony technician as soon as possible. It could be a software or hardware problem since you are saying that it only appears during power saving mode.
It is also possible that these lines are always there and is not seen when there is high brightness when there is no power saving and can be seen only during power saving mode since brightness will be less.
You should definitely see a sony service engineer, if it is a panel issue/motherboard issue/power supply issue, it will be very costly.
Service Engineer always says the above 3 failures and cost will come more than 1/4th of the complete TV price, you can check with Sony service guy and also try to find a local technician, if sony service guy says high price, you can always check with local technician who can repair only the part and not the complete panel/motherboard/power supply boards.

Last edited:
Consulted with sony CC they are unofficially offering me New TV for the price of panel or any new model at 25% discount

Consulted with sony CC they are unofficially offering me New TV for the price of panel or any new model at 25% discount
Call them and ask them to visit your house and check the TV, maybe it is some small issue also, they can only tell after checking your TV.

i think your are the third person to complaint about Sony TV issues in the forum during the last 1 month itself. 2 of my colleagues also faced issues within a few months of purchasing sony TV. the deterioration of sony's quality is kinda alarming:confused:

I visited the shop where he told one guy facing panel problem within 1.5yrs of Purchasing new LED TV of 60000/-

I visited the shop where he told one guy facing panel problem within 1.5yrs of Purchasing new LED TV of 60000/-
Yes, even I came across such issue where the local technician has showed me panel issue in Samsung TV of Rs 80,000 within 1.5 years of purchase and the service centre guy asked more than half the price of TV for the replacement of panel, they were consulting the local technician for the same.

Recently I faced similar issue on my Samsung 50" LED purchased just 1 year back. It was showing Green shade at left-side of the screen. Technician checked and told that its an issue in panel and panel costs around 50% of total TV cost. Since I got 1 year extended warranty on panel. Samsung changed the panel and problem fixed.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock