Discussion IPL 2020 | News & Updates | Champions - Mumbai Indians

Which team will be the IPL 2020 Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with the 9th team coming in, there's no way Mumbai can deny a mega auction
For everyone in the last 2-3 pages saying, Mumbai cannot deny mega-auction, remember this - IPL auctions will happen the way Mumbai wants. If Mumbai says there is not enough time to have a mega-auction, that means "there is not enough time".

IPL 2011 had 2 new teams added - Pune and Kochi. But Retentions continued - Ganguly, Dravid shown the door, Kohli stays on . No points at all for guessing which teams made full use of it.

Last edited:
For everyone in the last 2-3 pages saying, Mumbai cannot deny mega-auction, remember this - IPL auctions will happen the way Mumbai wants. If there is not enough time to have a mega-auction means "there is not enough time".

IPL 2011 had 2 new teams added - Pune and Kochi. But Retentions continued - Ganguly, Dravid shown the door, Kohli stays on . No points at all for guessing which teams made use of it.
I didn't get your point? U are saying that Mega Auction doesn't have Retention? It's always der. How do you think Dhoni, Raina, Kohli etc etc never went to auctions after the initial one. Even during the first Auction, Teams were given choice to pick Icon players. Thats how Sachin, Sehwag, Dravid, Ganguly wound up playing for their respective city franchises.

Last edited:
For everyone in the last 2-3 pages saying, Mumbai cannot deny mega-auction, remember this - IPL auctions will happen the way Mumbai wants. If Mumbai says there is not enough time to have a mega-auction, that means "there is not enough time".

IPL 2011 had 2 new teams added - Pune and Kochi. But Retentions continued - Ganguly, Dravid shown the door, Kohli stays on . No points at all for guessing which teams made full use of it.
What u want to say I can't understand ur point?

What u want to say I can't understand ur point?
Read the message I quoted when making the post. That will give the context. Even if new teams are added, retaining system will be there because Mumbai will want it that way.

And the problem Retention causes is this - VIVO IPL 2018 Player Retention announced . This is just before the last mega auction in 2018

Ipl-2018.png

As you can see, Rohit - 15c, Hardik - 11c, Bumrah - 7c. This is in a 80c auction purse.
Now, Rohit would probably be the same price in the auction but Bumrah and Hardik they have got it for way way less amount than what they would have got if participated in an auction. And this is why Mumbai wants retaining system. So that they can get players for less amounts.

Where did I say this?
The whole context you are saying Mumbai retained. So I got u are inferring taht. And then I have asked you, I haven't given a statement. And explanation if u are inferring that part. Now in the above post u are inferring Mumbai benefitted from retention, for the same, if teams don't use them wisely its their mistake not teams who are using them.

Now in the above post u are inferring Mumbai benefitted from retention, for the same, if teams don't use them wisely its their mistake not teams who are using them.
1. I am saying the Retention System is flawed because it allows a player to be taken for less amount that what the player would be bought for if in an auction. Example Bumrah for 7c. Instead don't have Retention System and take Bumrah for whatever price happens in the auction. That is a fair method is what I am saying.

2. I am not saying teams are making mistakes.

I hope I was clearer this time.
Its simple - ""Take a player in auction only.""

Last edited:
1. I am saying the Retention System is flawed because it allows a player to be taken for less amount that what the player would be bought for if in an auction. Example Bumrah for 7c. Instead don't have Retention System and take Bumrah for whatever price happens in the auction. That is a fair method is what I am saying.
Buddy! Retention also provides Player to say no to the price which the franchise is offering. They can demand more. If Bhumrah is satisfied with 7 crores then its his wish. Take Kohli for example, he felt he is above 15 Cr and demanded for 17 crores which RCB is paying happily. Bumrah one is on himself not MI, if they got him agreed to 7 crores.

ALSO worth mentioning that base price is floor price for BCCI to cut from Franchise's purse. Take Akshar Patel for example, he was paid around 6.5 crores in retention, but KZIP's purse was deducted 12.5 crores. Same goes with Delhi's retentions of Iyer, Pant and Morris. That is a just a floor price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock