Discussion IPL 2020 | News & Updates | Champions - Mumbai Indians

Which team will be the IPL 2020 Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 more team addition is interesting, considering same Format, there will be 76 matches in 50-52 days windows, instead of 12 double headers, 24 would be required so lots of day matches on weekdays...
Better a team from Rajasthan is purchased and shifted to Ahemdabad if Corporates are interested....

And if the player says they don't want to be retained, the franchise has no other choice but to send him to auction.

This is where no RTM policy should come in so that certain teams don't become way too stronger than others. If a franchise wants to buy a player, they should go all in on the auctions..
The flaw with current RTM card system is the other franchise does not have a chance to bid further once RTM is applied. Teams should be allowed to further bid for the player and RTM should still apply.

The flaw with current RTM card system is the other franchise does not have a chance to bid further once RTM is applied. Teams should be allowed to further bid for the player and RTM should still apply.
Are you serious buddy? RTM applies only once the player is sold to any team. If teams wants him they should have gone all in the auction itself. Its only fair buddy.

There is nothing wrong in Retention or RTM as each team has 4-5 Good players they would like to Continue with and thay have become the identity of those team.....
After that it's entirely in Auction, how sensible teams purchase and what is the team environment....
Same stonis doesn't work in RCB but do well in DC, and there are many examples like that....
Teams pay crazy for certain players like Cummins, Maxwell but doesn't get good Returns....
Going in Auction is not always beneficial to players also, SRH wanted to retain Dhawan for 7Cr, before 2018 he refused and went into the Auction. Was bought back at RTM card for 5.2 Cr... He was not comfortable playing for SRH after that and eventually was traded to DC.....

Someone here said, Fair Free Trade Transactions should be allowed in IPL. If MI is so keen with restrictions, imagine if allowed without any rules. Tom Moody revealed, MI asked to Trade Rashid Khan.
“What I’ve found through my experience over the last few years in the IPL is that Mumbai Indians is probably one of the most active teams in regards to seeking trade opportunities. They are not afraid to knock on your doors and ask for ridiculous deals. And they keep knocking on the door, and if they keep doing that to seven other franchises, they are eventually going to get what they want,” Moody said.
Mumbai Indians had the bravado to knock on the door for Rashid Khan: Tom Moody

Imagine if it's a free trade and MI Offered a heafty deal to Rashid, what would have happened. The same is applicable for all players out there.

Are you serious buddy? RTM applies only once the player is sold to any team. If teams wants him they should have gone all in the auction itself. Its only fair buddy.
RTM comes once other teams stop bidding. The original bidder could be ready to bid higher, but has no option to do that, which I consider unfair.

RTM comes once other teams stop bidding. The original bidder could be ready to bid higher, but has no option to do that, which I consider unfair.
Yeah this I agree! Bid Winner and RTM Holder can lock horns for a player. But allowing other teams is unfair as they had their chances and haven't taken them. Better they scrap RTM itself

Yeah this I agree! Bid Winner and RTM Holder can lock horns for a player. But allowing other teams is unfair as they had their chances and haven't taken them. Better they scrap RTM itself
That only was my point. The last bidder should be given another chance to raise the bid.

There is nothing wrong in Retention or RTM as each team has 4-5 Good players they would like to Continue with and thay have become the identity of those team.....
Good point about identity. Why not take those exact 4-5 players in the auction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock