Discussion IPL 2020 | News & Updates | Champions - Mumbai Indians

Which team will be the IPL 2020 Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
All major sports leagues practice and follow contract signing and Financial Fair play. There also there are rich and poor teams.
If some IPL team is poor, they should find investors.
It's not about rich or poor. Its about the quality of the tournament. If Mumbai or other team can sign all of Indian players then what will happen to rest of the teams. There will be one-sided matches which is quite often in happening in the so-called football Leagues u mentioned. If u ask anyone IPL is what it is due to definitive purse they can spend on players.

As per Reports, MI & DC are not in favour of having full fledged Auction in 2021, MI management is wondering in 6 months having Mega Auction would be wastage of time.
Why would they be happy! But then it's the end of the cycle and BCCI Will have its way. They are ones who are going to loose a much settled side.

In less than 6 months can bcci arrange 1 new Team? mega auctions? How is it possible?
In September 2007, BCCI announced their plans for IPL. By April 2008, they have completed Team Auctions, Player Auctions, Team schedules, Broadcasting agreements and everything. Compared to that its a not much of a work. Even in 2016, they have added two teams, conducted Auctions and a retention etc in the limited time frame. If they really wants to get this done, 6 months is a plenty of time.

If there are 9 teams next year, I really think the IPL should also follow the playoff structure as in the BBL. It will at least give a fair chance to the 5th team as well.. Doesn't make sense in the 8 team BBL, but should be a bonus for a 9 team IPL..

If there are 9 teams next year, I really think the IPL should also follow the playoff structure as in the BBL. It will at least give a fair chance to the 5th team as well.. Doesn't make sense in the 8 team BBL, but should be a bonus for a 9 team IPL..
What is Playoffs structure in BBL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock