Discussion IPL 2019 | Winner - Mumbai Indians

Which team are favourite to win IPL 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay So let's elaborate it

Both will be playing under the captain who beated Australia in Australia

Both will be playing under the captain who scored fastest century by an Indian even though they are known as better hitter of the ball

Both will be playing under the captain who has Most consecutive wins in Test series (9) as a captain from 2015–2017 (equal with Ricky Ponting from 2005–2008)

Both will be playing under the First Indian and Asian captain to win at least one Test in South Africa, England and Australia.

Both will be playing under the player who has Most runs as captain of India in Tests

They will be playing under the captain who has Most ODI centuries as a captain of India (13)

We are Super Lucky that He is part of the rare breed of players who play more focused for their nation than for their franchise unlike many other s who become great while playing for franchise but play like gully cricketer for their country

From Reddit:

Rohit Sharma is a better captain than Virat Kohli and the one that should be leading the national teams.

CHANGE MY MIND!!

Okay

1. India has always followed a policy of an all format captain unless there is a transition period and there is no way in hell Rohit will be a regular in the Test side
  2. In ODI's Virat is completely open to taking ideas and consult his fellow senior players so it's not like Rohit doesn't have any impact at all or anything... Plus with him being VC we can afford to rest Virat in lesser matches and still have a very competent batsmen
  3. This team is very coherent right now and the team spirit is high, a huge change like that is unnecessary considering how good the results have been.
  4. Kohli is younger and will play for a longer period than Rohit... Why remove a pretty successful current captain just to put someone who might have lesser time left
And most importantly.. Everything right now is going pretty well..the past 3 years have been some of the most successful in Indian cricket history... No team with such results would ever change a captain.

Agreed on each n every point made by @TushShar bro
@Gobinaath bro we never downgrading dhoni's achievement we r just saying don't look down on other player especially current generation best batsman and our national team captain and you r saying we got virat because of Dhoni then same goes with dhoni who came into limelight because of dada
1 more point in favour of virat captaincy he won us u19 world cup after 8 years

@Gobinaath bro, he never mentioned any cricketer's name for his underlined part. And We all know what Dhoni is. What he mentioned is certainly true for several cricketers, if not for Dhoni. Please don't bring MSD everywhere, it's not required.

Anna Whole DDF know he's die hard hater MSD & CSK so nothing to say more if not today u may witness on other day 🙂

then same goes with dhoni who came into limelight because of dada
so u think my sentence is true but still something stops u to agree 🤣🤣

Meanwhile yes offcourse who can disagree that nobody but this is not a needed sentence here coz it goes infinity Azhar discover Ganguly , Gavaskar discovered Azhar ................

so u think my sentence is true but still something stops u to agree 🤣🤣

Meanwhile yes offcourse who can disagree that nobody but this is not a needed sentence here coz it goes infinity Azhar discover Ganguly , Gavaskar discovered Azhar ................
I m not agreed with you I m just saying if goes by your logic then real credit goes to somebody else
Anyways cheers

I love Dhoni and Hate Arrogant CSK Fans..its as simple as that..Please don't think that everyone is like one guy who hates one of our own gem for no reason whatsover and tbh whole ddf does know that if there is someone in ddf who hates a particular cricketer then they all know who that guy is..

Last edited:
I love Dhoni and Hate Arrogant CSK Fans..its as simple as that..Please don't think that everyone is like one guy who hates one of our own gem for no reason whatsover and tbh whole ddf does know that if there is someone in ddf who hates a particular cricketer then they all know who that guy is..
Same here bro

1) Many are blaming poor umpiring for CSK loss, needs to understand that umpiring was poor in many matches and no team was unaffected from same. Also this is Domestic league and if BCCI will not give chance to Indian Umpires then how we can have better umpires for International matches/standard.
Also note that many ICC elite panel umpires also made error during IPL.
2) Though Pollard behaviour was unacceptable, but if he needs to be banned, then so should be the most cool captain who marched on to the field when no ball was not given by umpires...
3) Hardik Pandya consistently made runs against most teams and bowlers against whom many Batsman in IPL played but his performance was second only to Russell. His chances of success in World Cup will largely depends on position he bat's. If he bat's in No. 4/5, between over 25-40, has better chance of success as spinners will operate and only 4 fielders outside 30 yard circle.
4) Also I am in favour of no mega Auctions, as teams like MI and CSK have worked hard in creating the team and should be allowed to retain maximum player. RCB released KL Rahul Ahead of Auction when they could have retained him, Delhi released Russell, ABD, Dilshan when they were at peak and they could have retained them... CSK backed Watson despite poor form in 12 matches and he almost won them Final, MI bought Malinga at base price, when many other teams could have bought him, Pollard was retained despite last year poor IPL....

He was definitely not talking about Rohit.
Rohit is now one of the best ODI Batsmen, not just for India but all over. Check his record since he started opening for India, (From June 2013).

Currently having a career average of 47, very soon it will cross 50 :cheers:
Rohit-Dhawan batting are a treat to watch, just like how happy i was to see sehwag-Gambhir
In ICC ranking also rohit at no 2 😍😍

D6mPY50UIAA4-zK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock