• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,706
  • Views: Views 216,098

Which team will win the IPL 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as speculation continues to mount over the credentials of CVC Capital, casting doubts over its successful bid for the Ahmedabad franchise in the Indian Premier League (IPL), information has emerged that the global Private Equity firm has already fulfilled its first financial commitment.

It has made a payment of INR 75 crore to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), as required by a franchise after its winning bid, and the American investment company, with over 120 billion turnover, is believed to have also signed the franchise agreement. All that it requires now is the counter signature from the BCCI authorities.

The BCCI further confirmed that the salary Cap for the IPL 2022 Season will be Rs. 90 Crs for all the teams adding that the "The window for the 8 existing teams to retain the players will be from the 1st November 2021 to 30th November 2021. Thereafter the 2 new teams will have the window to retain the players starting from 1st December 2021 to 25th December 2021."

The BCCI also stated that the old franchises cannot retain more than three Indians (capped/uncapped) players while restricting the number of overseas players in the retention list to two. It has clearly said that a team cannot keep more than two uncapped players.

As for the new teams, two Indians can be picked outside the auction while number of overseas players can only be one. Besides, the new teams can pick only one uncapped player before auction.

Seems like the new teams will have the opportunity to negotiate with the players in offer... So, if KL Rahul or Shreyas Iyer doesn't want to retained by them or existing franchise, they can enter into auctions... Great news for MI, DC and CSK may be as players can opt not be scooped up by the new franchises if they want to play for their current team and go into Auctions.

1clsZRB.png

MI may go for Rohit-16Cr, Bumrah-12Cr, Pollard -8Cr and Ishan- 6Cr.

Ishan over SKY due to age factor and Confirm WK in playing 11...

I'm expecting RCB to retain Kohli, Maxwell, ABD and Siraj at those 4 price points... If at all Kohli asks for a 17cr again. he should leave the team...
I doubt if RCB will be able to retain both ABD and Maxwell as one of them has to get significant haircut on their salaries... Also, I doubt they would be retaining Siraj instead of Padikkal or Chahal for that matter.. My expectations for each team are

CSK:
MSD - Player 1
Jadeja - Player 2
Curran & Gaikwad - Player 3&4

DC:
Pant - Player 1
Rabada - Player 2
Shaw - Player 3

Shreyas as Player 1 if he was given back the captaincy.

MI:
Rohit - Player 1
Bhumrah - Player 2
Kishan - Player 3
Boult - Player 4

PKBS
Mayank & Ravi Bishnoi

KKR
S Gill, V Iyer, Morgan, Russel

RR
Samson, Stokes, Archer, may be Twewatia/ Sakariya as player 4

RCB
Kohli, AB/maxwell, Chahal, Padikkal

SRH
Rashid, Williamson, may be Bhuvi

CSK:
MSD - Player 1
Jadeja - Player 2
I have doubts that MSD will play another Season...
DC:
Pant - Player 1
Rabada - Player 2
Shaw - Player 3
On current Form Nortje is much better choice then Rabada....
MI:
Rohit - Player 1
Bhumrah - Player 2
Kishan - Player 3
Boult - Player 4
Pollard adds much more value then Boult....
RR
Samson, Stokes, Archer, may be Twewatia/ Sakariya as player 4
No retention from RR in my opinion @ 12Cr...
SRH
Rashid, Williamson,
Only Rashid for SRH....

I doubt if RCB will be able to retain both ABD and Maxwell as one of them has to get significant haircut on their salaries
Both AB and Maxi are taking a 2cr paycut. AB because of age (Chris Gayle got purchased at this age for 2cr, so 9 for AB is a fair deal), Maxi because he was overpriced because of the auction dynamics, though he delivered.
Also, I doubt they would be retaining Siraj instead of Padikkal or Chahal for that matter
If Siraj goes to the auction, he is going to go for anything above 8cr, something RCB don't want.

They can easily buy back Chahal. I expect him to fetch the same price as the last mega auction.

Padikkal had a kind of disastrous second half of this year when compared to ruturaj, so even if he goes to auction pool, he won't fetch more than 4cr - the max retention price of an uncapped player, even though he isn't one anymore.
Samson, Stokes, Archer
For RR, I see only 2 of those 3 getting retained. They usually had zero idea about stokes and archer availability. Samson has already had his best season, it is unlikely he will repeat this feat.

SRH
Rashid, Williamson, may be Bhuvi
SRH might want to start fresh. They've got a lot of bad blood after the Warner incident, and I don't think any of those players -except Rashid - wants to stay there.
PKBS
Mayank & Ravi Bishnoi
I'll also add Shami here. He is too good to be let gone of.
Rabada - Player 2
Rabada has lost his shine. Pretty sure DC might retain either Dhawan or Nortje over him..
I don't think Curran should be retained unless dhoni plays his strategic moves. I think moeen should be their player 3. I think they might buy back Jagadeesan in the auction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock