• Thread starter Thread starter Sparker0i
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 38
  • Views Views: Views 2,325

Sparker0i

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been an ACT customer in Bangalore for 2 years. Then they pulled this bad move:

I'm someone who regularly hits 1.2TB with my broadband usage per month. Having the FUP limit greatly reduced to 1.5TB reduces a lot of leeway that I had previously. Thus I decided to move out of ACT with immediate effect.

The available choices in my area were Hathway, Airtel, Tata Play and JioFiber.
  • Hathway is known to spam people after disconnecting the connection
  • Tata Play works well but if anything goes wrong service is horrible
  • I didn't want Airtel after what I experienced with the Airtel DTH last month
Thus my only option was JioFiber. I decided to go ahead with it. I went for the plan worth Rs. 1499+GST giving 300Mbps speed. They did not give a 1 month pack so had to take for 3 months.

Installation was pretty smooth, however there was electricity problems in my area while installing so we had to use my mini UPS from the previous ACT connection, and I placed it behind my Jio router.
vN7nXfR.jpeg

K7Hk633.jpeg

eU2zaii.jpeg

Once the installation was done and a demo was given. Initially the speeds were only 100-150 Mbps on the 5GHz band post the installation, but they told that the backend team will fix it in an hour and do an auto restart of the modem. After that, I could see speeds of 300-310Mbps. The TV was a bit far so I saw a slight drop in the speed on the 5GHz band, but there were no issues with the 2.4GHz band. The router is placed at the midpoint of the two bedrooms so I had no issues with the 5GHz band on that.
2apRDpo.jpeg

4zE1FgZ.jpeg

I have tried some initial gaming with Rainbow Six Siege and COD mobile as well, and the pings are equivalent to what I used to get on ACT. In CoD I noticed that the maps are downloading way faster than what it used to on ACT.
CNvdD4B.jpeg

ta8iNwc.png

Video/OTT Streaming is also very smooth. I was disheartened to know that 300Mbps plan only has Netflix basic bundled with it. I do have an option to go for the higher plans, but I don't use any OTT apps.

Live TV streaming not that good either. News channels bottom scroll lags a lot.

Another thing I'll miss from ACT is that I used to get 350Mbps speed in their 300Mbps plan. With Jio it fluctuates between 280-320 Mbps.

Overall, everything good with JioFiber so far.

Last edited:
Bro, i would suggest you not to use extension. If available, put both power cables (STB/Router/TV) directly into socket.

Congratulations bro. Thanks for the crisp review. 👏

I think they have provided you with the AirFiber STB which is later version than JioFiber STB. Because generally JioFiber STBs have coaxial port on the backside and the outer carton has Hybrid STB written whereas AirFiber STB has IPSTB written.

By the way, I am also on the same 300 Mbps plan. While I get slightly more speed than your results, my pings are not that great. They are generally around 15-20 ms. :)

Bro, i would suggest you not to use extension. If available, put both power cables (STB/Router/TV) directly into socket.
There's only one socket on the wall. Have no choice but to use the extension.
Don't want to risk using a 3 pin adapter either.
I think they have provided you with the AirFiber STB which is later version than JioFiber STB. Because generally JioFiber STBs have coaxial port on the backside and the outer carton has Hybrid STB written whereas AirFiber STB has IPSTB written.
Yes this is the IPSTB one. At the back it has One HDMI port, one power port, and 2 USB-A ports: one USB3 and the other USB2.

You might have regretted later if it was Jio AirFiber. ☹️

I don't understand why people take Jio AirFiber when mostly all are giving negative reviews about it. 👎
The person who did my KYC was trying to sell me AirFiber.
I was very insistent with him that I want only JioFiber and not AirFiber.

But that being said, in Bangalore I'm hearing good reviews about AirFiber.
People in the Channasandra side who don't have access to JioFiber are installing AirFiber and finding its performance good. Just that the latency has increased by 20-30ms...

Back
Top Bottom