Discussion India's new Motor Vehicle Act for violating traffic rules causing huge penalties on many

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 68
  • Views: Views 9,358

Are you in favor of the new fine?

• Total voters
b2FNcEg.jpg
They are comparing developed countries with developing countries.

While I travelled at many places including Singapore and Europe, the traffic discipline there is amazing. People follow the rules correctly and fines are also high do that the people follow the rules.

Again India is always an exception, the high fines are just a measure to keep the traffic offender under control. It's so bad to drive that I have stopped driving and just go on my bike. Worst is the taxi people who just overtake anyhow.

Someone said here "how will the poor and middle class pay the fines" do that means the people will still continue to break the traffic rules but can't afford to pay the fine.

Why pay the fine if all u can do is follow the rules correctly without any violation. Indian roads will be a much better place then to drive for people like me.
Bro are you sure we have a good quality of roads like Singapore and Europe though we pay all taxes and tolls. Please don't compare blindly. I agree people are making mistakes but a fine like of this hefty amount is unbearable for economically weaker people. Don't support any decisions blindly. Though I like in one of 4 metropolitan cities, most of the roads are bad and have lot of potholes.

Bro are you sure we have a good quality of roads like Singapore and Europe though we pay all taxes and tolls. Please don't compare blindly. I agree people are making mistakes but a fine like of this hefty amount is unbearable for economically weaker people. Don't support any decisions blindly. Though I like in one of 4 metropolitan cities, most of the roads are bad and have lot of potholes.
Yes, not only roads, getting any work done at Regional Transport Offices is nightmarish here. You can not get your work done unless you approach a broker and cough up extra money.

While I travelled at many places including Singapore and Europe, the traffic discipline there is amazing. People follow the rules correctly and fines are also high do that the people follow the rules.

Again India is always an exception, the high fines are just a measure to keep the traffic offender under control. It's so bad to drive that I have stopped driving and just go on my bike. Worst is the taxi people who just overtake anyhow.

Someone said here "how will the poor and middle class pay the fines" do that means the people will still continue to break the traffic rules but can't afford to pay the fine.

Why pay the fine if all u can do is follow the rules correctly without any violation. Indian roads will be a much better place then to drive for people like me.

Agreed, and question to the government as a tax payer regularly, is roads are safe(signals working correctly? signal lines are drawn correctly(visibility)?, path holes? ) enough to ride to comply all the rules and regulations?, can a VIP person travel without stopping public at signal when he travels?

to be frank my village road is far better than Bangalore roads!

No matter the economics, Don't break the rules/law and don't have to pay anything. Sounds fair?

yes bro, I will be more happy if luxury car/bike owners are penalised, any news on that till now any one fined for that(that means all are following rules and regulations except few)?

yes bro, I will be more happy if luxury car/bike owners are penalised, any news on that till now any one fined for that...
Any chance luxury car/bike owners are being penalized and it doesn't make it to the news? Its possible, isn't it. Maybe they are paying the fines and moving on. Anyway, hardly matters. All that matters is we obey the rules and don't pay anything. Stay safe!

agreed... cant compare apple to oranges !!

India is unique, and has its own set of problems, cant compare it to US, UK, Japan etc :no2:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock