I want to buy a 55 inch 4K UHD TV

• Thread starter asokan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 38
  • Views: Views 5,962
Friends, after doing lots of reserach, I'm now finally ready to buy 55" 4k smart TV. I've shortlisted Samsung Q7F (2017), Sony A8F, LG B8 or C8. Suggest me which one is best and durable as I'm concerned about permanent burn in risk. Thank you for suggestions!

Friends, after doing lots of reserach, I'm now finally ready to buy 55" 4k smart TV. I've shortlisted Samsung Q7F (2017), Sony A8F, LG B8 or C8. Suggest me which one is best and durable as I'm concerned about permanent burn in risk. Thank you for suggestions!
That's a problem in OLED panels. There isn't any with (Samsung) QLED panels.
Burn in risk might occur if there is any static image being displayed for a very long time (say 10+ hours), otherwise not.
So, if that's not the case with you, go for OLED else go for QLED.
Both produce exceptional picture quality so you can't go wrong with either of these. The difference to note here is OLEDs produce deeper blacks where as QLEDs have much higher brightness.

But before buying, I would suggest you to visit your nearby retailers and check these models. Physically checking the picture, sound quality and other (smart) features will help you make a strong decision.

Last edited:
Point :-

Samsung TV From 2018 & 2019 Doesn't Support DTS Sound.

Also See Desired TV Has Backlighting Type,
1. Back Lit or 2.EDGE Lit
EDGE Lit Will Not Give Great Black Value.

But
Samsung TV Will Give You 1+1 Year Warranty On LED Panel
Also 10 Year Burn In Warranty On Qled TV.

(Not Sure About Burn In Warranty For 2019 Qled Model)

Not:- Buy Latest Samsung TV Model
For Example
Q70N 2018
Q70R 2019
Because They Doesn't Provide Software Updates To Older Models.
Only Minor Updates Till 12 to 14 Months.

Last edited:
Go for Sony .
I m using since 1.5 years..
True sound with in-built woofer.

That's a problem in OLED panels. There isn't any with (Samsung) QLED panels.
Burn in risk might occur if there is any static image being displayed for a very long time (say 10+ hours), otherwise not.
So, if that's not the case with you, go for OLED else go for QLED.
Both produce exceptional picture quality so you can't go wrong with either of these. The difference to note here is OLEDs produce deeper blacks where as QLEDs have much higher brightness.

But before buying, I would suggest you to visit your nearby retailers and check these models. Physically checking the picture, sound quality and other (smart) features will help you make a strong decision.

I’ve seen already all the models mentioned above. Good thing is that Samsung Q7F 2017 model will only cost Rs. 75,000 at today’s exchange rate which I feel is a steal. Except Sony, all other models are in the range of 85-90k.

Point :-

Samsung TV From 2018 & 2019 Doesn't Support DTS Sound.

Also See Desired TV Has Backlighting Type,
1. Back Lit or 2.EDGE Lit
EDGE Lit Will Not Give Great Black Value.

But
Samsung TV Will Give You 1+1 Year Warranty On LED Panel
Also 10 Year Burn In Warranty On Qled TV.

(Not Sure About Burn In Warranty For 2019 Qled Model)

Not:- Buy Latest Samsung TV Model
For Example
Q70N 2018
Q70R 2019
Because They Doesn't Provide Software Updates To Older Models.
Only Minor Updates Till 12 to 14 Months.
Thank you brother. You made my life really easy. I’ll go for Q7F 2017 model as it is with DTS and also have good enough features for available contents.

Dude I think you have not heard sound from home theatre systems....no tvs even come close to 5-10% of its sound.....what I mean to say buy TV only for it's PQ.....dont buy TV for audio quality...don't be Sony fan boy( Sony takes OLED panel from LG only), overall now a days Korean gaints Samsung and LG ruling the market..
Sony has LG panel but the difference is BRAVIA engine in SONY makes all the difference ,also LG has high screen burn ratio than any other panel's, so hands down sony has higher life.

Last edited:
Thank you brother. You made my life really easy. I’ll go for Q7F 2017 model as it is with DTS and also have good enough features for available contents.
But Before Buying Confirm Model Number Properly, With Help Of Samsung Website.
There Is Two Q7F Model, One With DTS But Other Without DTS.

Will Share Some More Noticeable Details In Few Hours.

Last edited:
But Before Buying Confirm Model Number Properly, With Help Of Samsung Website.
There Is Two Q7F Model, One With DTS But Other Without DTS.

Will Share Some More Noticeable Details In Few Hours.

thank you. Model: QA55Q7FAMKXZN is the model number and it has following sound options.

Audio
Sound Mode Standard/ Clear Voice III/ Music/ Cinema/ Sport/ Game
Surround Mode DTS Premium Sound 5.1
Dolby Dolby Digital Plus
Audio Output Power 40 Watts
Stereo system 4.2 Channel Speaker System

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock