Hyderabad Metro

Shiva mahesh

Reaction score
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Metro Rail and GHMC on Saturday blamed each other for the death of 26-year-old B. Arun Kumar in an accident caused by a pothole at Kukatpally Y-junction on Friday

While HMR engineers at the ground level stated that it was the duty of the GHMC to fill the potholes, officers from the civic body stated that it was not in their jurisdiction

Mr Subash Singh, head of GHMC’s road maintenance department, said, “We repaired the small potholes on that road as people were facing a lot of problems. But we can’t repair the big potholes as the road does not fall under our jurisdiction. It is the work of HMR and they must do it.”
The National Highways Authority of India had on Friday stated the road had been handed over to HMR when the Metro Rail work started. It was now their duty to repair the road, an NHAI officer had said

HMR managing director N.V.S. Reddy said, “We are going to repair the bad patches of the road at Kukatpally. Other comprehensive works on road repairs are going to be carried out by NHAI.” HMR stated that tenders for road repairs had been floated and work would begin soon

Hyderabad Metro Rail to fix killer road

You may have to pay a minimum of Rs 20 for a Metro ride if L&TMRHL has its way. Though the minimum fare for a ride is yet to be announced, it is learnt that L&TMRHLis pushing for a higher minimum fare considering the costs involved.

The basic fare for practically all Metro rides across the country is Rs 10.

A ride on Hyderabad Metro may cost Rs 20, more than other Metros

Eagerly waiting for it to start :cautious:

Fed up with traffic nowadays, will have to wait and see if it becomes success and reduces traffic congestion.

Eagerly waiting for it to start :cautious:

Fed up with traffic nowadays, will have to wait and see if it becomes success and reduces traffic congestion.

Same here...Need to travel 52kms (up and down) daily for my clg...Hope this will help me...

You may have to pay a minimum of Rs 20 for a Metro ride if L&TMRHL has its way. Though the minimum fare for a ride is yet to be announced, it is learnt that L&TMRHLis pushing for a higher minimum fare considering the costs involved.

The basic fare for practically all Metro rides across the country is Rs 10.

A ride on Hyderabad Metro may cost Rs 20, more than other Metros

It seems Kolkata Metro is cheapest, base fare just Rs 5 for upto 5 km then Rs 5 extra for every 5 km above

It seems Kolkata Metro is cheapest, base fare just Rs 5 for upto 5 km then Rs 5 extra for every 5 km above
I think cost would play a role in how many people would adopt it, if fare is lower many people will travel by it.

Bro is Kolkata metro operated by normal railway department or does it have separate organization and it's own tracks and stations?

I think cost would play a role in how many people would adopt it, if fare is lower many people will travel by it.

Bro is Kolkata metro operated by normal railway department or does it have separate organization and it's own tracks and stations?

Kolkata metro is the smallest zone of Indian railway out of total 17 zone. (GK question so always remember it :wink:)

Kolkata metro has its own track and stations separated from Eastern railway zone

Last edited:
Hyderabad Metro’s Ameerpet Interchange Gets Ready for Launch

Hyderabad_Ameerpet6.jpg

Hyderabad_Ameerpet_H.jpg

Hyderbad_Metro_Ameerpet_Map.png

source ( photo ) - Hyderabad Metro - The Metro Rail Guy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock