How to keep my Airtel number active

aamunim

Reaction score
A month ago, I visited India and purchased an Airtel SIM card using my passport. I want to keep this number. If I recharge the validity pack every month, will it remain active?
Somebody said that the SIM card will be barred after the visa validity expires. Is this true?

1) How often do you visit India? When are you planning to go to India next?

2) Are you still in India? If not, is the SIM in your possession or is it with someone in India? (someone who can put it in a mobile so that it is always connected to an Indian tower)

3) Have you provided this number to any services (like banks, payment services, Aadhaar, Passport, PAN, etc,.,) which might send you an OTP every now & then? Or do you need this number ONLY for whenever you go to India?

The cheapest possible recharge amounts that I may suggest might differ depending on your answers to these questions.

P.S:
No, I don't think Airtel might care about whether or not you're currently in India (meaning, your VISA expiry date). They should be happy as long you keep recharging the number.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock