Seeking Help Best Operator/ Plan to keep Idle SIM active?

iarunnehra

Reaction score
I have a SIM which I uses in my Feature Phone. I just want to keep my SIM activate in this. Without Recharge incoming calls / SMS got stopped by Vi.
I don't use it for any purpose just a SIM as an Emergency number.

Please suggest me which operator allows Incoming calls/ SMS without recharging
OR
Which is the best plan (without internet) to keep my Idle SIM active.

I have seen other members in this forum say that Jio is an option for that & that they do not disable incoming calls & SMS even for upto 3 months after the validity period ends.

My mom ported her secondary sim from Airtel to Jio. After her intial default plan ended (28 days), incoming did not stop for more than a month. After a month or so (even before incoming stopped), she topped up her main balance with Rs.100 (in a Jio store), at which point they told her that the 100 rupees top-up should be enough for her to continue receiving incoming calls for 1 year. We could not test it out though, as we had to recharge with an unlimited plan shortly after that.

So mainly on a secondary SIM point of view, I guess Jio could be an option too. If you could buy a Jio phone (feature phone is enough), there are special Jio Phone recharges available, which provide unlimited calls (for 28 days) for as low as Rs.91. This plan is what I am regularly recharging for my mom these days.

Currently on Vi for secondary sim.
Plan 279. Validity 90 days. TT: 279
Call charges: 2.5p/s
Only negative: no free sms.

I ported out to Vi from Jio for secondary sim. My primary was airtel and that was ported to Jio. So I need two different carrier so went with Vi.
If you have bsnl 4g in your area, go with bsnl 1198 pack. 279 pack of vi costs 1116 in a year. Almost same.

V! has dropped this plan.
It's available. I think we can send outgoing SMS using main balance.
dpFI41S.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock