Seeking Help How safe are password manager apps?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 8
  • Views: Views 674

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
I was wondering how safe are these password manager app. I normally write down password on a notebook and a notes app. Someone highlighted to me that notes app is very insecure for storing credentials.

Can anyone confirm whether these password managers are safe?

I was wondering how safe are these password manager app. I normally write down password on a notebook and a notes app. Someone highlighted to me that notes app is very insecure for storing credentials.

If you use well known password managers like 1password, lastpass et al., You are safe. I can't vouch for others tho

Like Sparker0i bro said you are safe with renowned managers LastPass, 1Password, Bitwarden, Keepass etc. Google does it as well if you don't want an additional app, but you shouldn't use contacts, messaging apps and in notes app unless it allows encryption for storing passwords.

The Hidden Privacy Risk in Note-Taking Apps

Last edited:
I have been using 1password from a couple of months. They are safe and easy to use across all the devices.

I've been using Safeincloud for years never ran into any issues.

i use last pass and it works well. its plus point is cross platform sync and encryption method.

i use last pass and it works well. its plus point is cross platform sync and encryption method.
Using same. Do you know how to enable two factor verification? I want to access it using both password and an OTP.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock